radio stays on and dome lights or door adjar do not turn on when door opens

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radio stays on and dome lights or door adjar do not turn on when door opens

I have a problem my radio stays on for a bit after key is removed and I open the door. Dome light doesn t come on and data error message is also visible when i go into setup. I also don t get a door ajar display for a open door. I looked for the purple wire splice but was unsuccessful. Can some one point me in the right direction as of exact color purple or purple and a tracer color. where is it exactly located. Any input or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Old 02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you just true to pull the fuse and put it back in?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Ya i tried that but that didn t work. I think i found the bad splice and am waiting for someone else to get home so i can go pick up supplies to fix it. I will take some pictures and cross my fingers hopefully it works.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by blackedout50
Ya i tried that but that didn t work. I think i found the bad splice and am waiting for someone else to get home so i can go pick up supplies to fix it. I will take some pictures and cross my fingers hopefully it works.
please take pictures!!!!!! I believe I have the same problem but couldn't find the splice. Any info shared is greatly appreciated!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Problem is fixed. I found the splice and separated it. I then proceeded to re-splice the purple wire with soder and silicon with shrink wrap to try to keep the water out. I had a hard time finding the splice originally so i took a few pics to make it easier. A few pictures is worth a thousand words.

Last edited by blackedout50; 02-23-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 AM
very awesome!!! the pics help out quite a bit. Thanks!

I was looking under the drivers door sill, not the rear. It'll hopefully be warm enough to do this when i get home tonight. I'm sick of winter......

Old 02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
ya i hear ya. i got a torpedo heater so it is not that bad. I was looking in the front one to and on the junction under the middle piller. I was so confused and frustrated. Drove it to school today and pull the key out and radio is off back to normal could not be happier.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 PM
found the corroded wire splice......fixed!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice good to hear. Hope the pictures helped.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
is the splice on the rear drivers door in a 4 door truck? All that I can see is a single purple wire by its self among the bundle but it doesn't appear to be splice anywhere.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 AM
The splice is located at the rear of the door behind the drivers door on a 4 door truck. The splice is located under the wire bundle. look around at my pictures and your truck you should be able to find it without much trouble

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by blackedout50
The splice is located at the rear of the door behind the drivers door on a 4 door truck. The splice is located under the wire bundle. look around at my pictures and your truck you should be able to find it without much trouble
Ok so I have the exact same problem, but I'm confused about this splice business. Is this from some aftermarket mod you guys made, or is this a stock splice? I only ask because if it is a problem with the design, shouldn't I be able to take it to the dealer for a free fix instead of having to pull up the sill plates and do it myself? I'm willing and able to do that, I'd just rather save myself some time and let a professional deal with it.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
The problem is from the factory they use some other type of tape insted of the water prof splice like the rest. It is a easy fix if you just remove the rear sill plates. There are no bolts to removes by snaps. As you can see in my pictures the wires are purple and when you find the splice it is aparent that there is a problem. Basically if you can splice three wires and eather shrink wrap it or waterproof it some how it would be easier than dealing with the dealer. If you are still unsure just pop up the rear sill and take a look, if you don't wanna mess with it snap it back in and take it in.

Quick Reply: radio stays on and dome lights or door adjar do not turn on when door opens