No power windows or wipers ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No power windows or wipers ?

I came back from vacation the other day and hadn't started my truck in almost 2 weeks, started fine but no windows or wipers. Wipers would work off and on by playing with the ignition switch, so I changed the inside part of the ignition ( the part that slides out ) and I changed the ignition interrupter switch on the coloum. No help. Can somebody steer me in the right direction on what else to look for. Fuses are all good. Thanks, Troy 97 F150 Ex. cab 4X4 4.6 V8

Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I just had the exact same problem. Please check fuse 14 the 3rd fuse down in the middle of the panel underneath the steering wheel I believe its a 15amp. My fuse was good but I just took it out and put it back in and the wipers and my power windows started working again. I hope this helps you. I went for 3 weeks without windows and wipers and it sucks.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yah sounds like a bad fuse, to have isolated power issues like that.

If the fuse doesnt fix it, the check for short to grounds near the wiper motors, and window motors.
-Patrick

Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
yah sounds like a bad fuse, to have isolated power issues like that.

If the fuse doesnt fix it, the check for short to grounds near the wiper motors, and window motors.
-Patrick
I have to ask this since I'm about to have to check every ground in my vehicle, How would you check for a short to ground near the wiper? or any other device on the vehicle. I have a service manual which shows all the gounds, but?

Thanks

Old 10-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
basically a short to ground is a problem that is a "hot" or positive wire that is grounding out, and so the path of least resistance, just skips the wiper motor etc. And if the whole system is run off of one wire harness, then it could be not supplying enough power to the rest of the units.

So basically you are looking for bad wire harnesses, bad wires, corrosion anywhere on the system, etc

You can also check the fuse and relay boxes in the engine bay, on the right side...

Electrical problems can be tricky to diagnose, i would look into investing in DVM (digital volt meter) so you can actually see whats going on, and get rid of the guessing games...
-Patrick

Old 10-16-2006, 09:01 AM
That's it.

new post

Last edited by satexasf150; 10-16-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Let me re-post this so I dont cross post.

Quick Reply: No power windows or wipers ?