Power Window Motor Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Motor Options

I need to replace the power window motors in my truck, and upon taking one out last week, discovered that it looks very similar to the ones in my '89 Crown Vic. There's alot more Crown Vics in the junkyard here than there are F150s. Does anyone know, or has anyone attempted to use a different window motor in their truck?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lariat277
I need to replace the power window motors in my truck, and upon taking one out last week, discovered that it looks very similar to the ones in my '89 Crown Vic. There's alot more Crown Vics in the junkyard here than there are F150s. Does anyone know, or has anyone attempted to use a different window motor in their truck?
Not sure if the motors would be the same, but I would research on line for part numbers for both the CV and the F150 and see if they are the same.

Mike

Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Junk yards use a system of numbers from a book by Hollander (sp?). If the power window motor for the '89 Crown Vick is the same Hollander number as the power window motor for the 'xx F150 it will be a bolt- in replacement. The Hollander books are very expensive but you might get someone at a junk yard to give you the numbers. BTW- if the parts are slightly different but can be used as a replacement, the book will usually note that. Try a dismantling yard first ( where the parts are pulled before you get there) as they will be more likely to use the Hollander numbers.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
idk i'd just get an F150 one, I need a driver one, soon to be passenger, my driver door window going down sounds like *EEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR*, passenger side one is just starting to go *err* on the push down

Quick Reply: Power Window Motor Options