security system driving me crazy

Old 08-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
security system driving me crazy

I have recently purchased a 95 ford f 150... gorgeous truck, love it!!!

Except... My other vehicle was stolen, so the f150 is the replacement. I thought I was being a smart guy by purchasing something with a security system.

The F150 I have has a factory installed security system with a key fob. The security system is set up to "lock" the starter circuit if the computer detects a break in attempt.

I am in and out of my truck about a dozen times a day. I always use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors. About once every two days, (using the fob to open the doors), the starter circuit remains "locked". I have tried what the manual says, but the starter circuit remains locked. I spoke with my ford dealership service department and they said there should be a valet switch somewhere, but not sure where. I have to sit for one hour and 15 minutes to wait for the starter circuit to "re-enable". I am so frustrated from being locked out from starting my truck that I am too the point of smashing the crap out of my truck.

Please help!!! I need to know how to re-enable the starter circuit or where to find the valet switch.

Thanks. Andrew

Old 08-15-2006, 01:32 PM
alarm

Did you try to take the key out of the ignition and pressing the unlock function on the fob? I have a similiar alarm system; when the truck is unlocked for a small amount of time the unlock function on the fob must pressed in order for the truck to start.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Andrew:
You Stated That You To Sit For One Hour And 15 Minutes Before The Starter Circuit Will Re-enable. I Am Having The Same Problem But I Cannot Get My Truck Started. During The Waiting Period...do You Leave The Keys In The Starter Or What Do You Do ....

My Problem Started When I Locked The Truck But My Passenger Door Was Unlocked And I Opened The Door To Lock It And The Alarm System Was Activiated And Started To Go Off So I Have To Take The Keyless Remote And Turn Off The Alarm Than I Locked And Reset But When I Unlocked The Truck And Went To Start It It Will Not Start Now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: security system driving me crazy