Power Windows not working on 2000 - F150

Old 08-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Windows not working on 2000 - F150

I am new to this forum and a long time Ford owner. I currently have a 2000 F150 and while driving the other day the radio went out and the both power windows (driver and passenger) will not roll up? I found that the (#8 -5A) fuse had blown, replaced, blew again, replaced disconnected a power lead that goes to an amp. This time the fuse did not blow, but the windows still will not function?

Any help would be appreciated before taking into the dealership. I thought it may be a relay?
Scott

Old 08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Fuse #8 is 5A, it controls the Radio, Remote Entry Module & the GEM. Fuse 110 under the hood, controls the Power Windows, it is 30A. If you have a Screw, the check CB602 under the hood, it controls Power Windows & Moon Roof.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
nigdonht,

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that I also did check that 30A fuse as well and it seemed to be OK, I swapped it with another one and still no luck. I am not near the truck right now, but what do you mean by "If you have a Screw, the check CB602 under the hood"? Is this a way of bypassing the breaker to test? If so, I will check when I get home.

Thanks again.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Scott Hillier
nigdonht,

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that I also did check that 30A fuse as well and it seemed to be OK, I swapped it with another one and still no luck. I am not near the truck right now, but what do you mean by "If you have a Screw, the check CB602 under the hood"? Is this a way of bypassing the breaker to test? If so, I will check when I get home.

Thanks again.
If your truck is a Supercrew the CB602, im not sure what that meant, but I found it in a 2000 F-150 Manual, A diagram of the fuses & relay's under the hood can be found on page 182 of the users manual

Old 08-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott Hillier
...<snip>... but what do you mean by "If you have a Screw, the check CB602 under the hood"? ...<snip>....
Scott,

That refers to if you have a SuperCrew body style, that in the under hood fuse box, the power windows are on a 30 AMP Circuit Breaker ( that is the 30A CB ref in the chart that he is vaugly refering to ), vs on the other body styles, it is the 30 AMP fuse #110, that you said you checked. ( your profile is not filled out, do you have a SuperCrew / Screw or a Std or SCab body style ? )

With the Fuse #110 beign replaced, and good, do you have any way to check if you have power at the radio harness ( I assume you have an after market HU, with the AMP installed ).

The Fuse #110 feeds the Accy Delay relay, which might have taken a powder, depending on the amount fo draw you had on it for the AMP installed.
That is not a heavy duty relay, and you quite poss might have burnt up the contacts?? I am taking a guess at this, without knowing if the radio harness has power on it.
The accy delay relay controls the items you have not functioning at the moment.

The accy delay relay is relay #5 in the fuse box in the cab of the truck.

If you have a meter, you can pull the relay, and check against the pin numbers on the relay ( look at it close, and line up the number, it is a mirror image of the numbers on the relay, when getting the pin numbers in the socket ), and check with the meter for power on pin #30 in the socket.
This will tell you if you have a good circuit from Fuse #110 to the Accy delay relay.

If you have power to pin #30 in the fuse box, you can remove Relay #4, and install it in the position for Relay #5 ( this is using the one touch down relay in place of the Accy Delay relay ), to check if Relay #5 is bad.

Let us know if you have power in the Relay #5 socket on pin #30, and if so, if installing the one touch down relay, made the windows work.
Obviously, keep in mind, the one touch down won't work without the relay installed, so test with the passenger window, to see if they are working.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 08-08-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
2000 Ford F150 Super Cab Short Bed 4D (the one with the problem).

I also have a 1998 Ford F150 3D and an 2003 Expedition EB.

Thanks for the additional info. I checked the 30Amp fuse again and it seemed to be good. I switched the relay 4 with the relay 5 and that did not make a difference? I believe there are motors on each side in the doors, is it possible that there is another module that controls the overall power to the windows?

(Note: In my first notes regarding the #8 5amp fuse, at the same time the windows didn't work the radio went out as well and still not working even after replacing the fuses).

I had an auto mechanic take a look at the problem yesterday and he could not figure it out? I unfortunatly need the truck for work and have taken it to Ford where they will charge me big bucks! I will let you know what they find out if anything as it is still very puzzelling.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Windows not working on 2000 - F150