Converting EFI to Carbureted

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting EFI to Carbureted

Hi,

I just got an old 1985 F-150 with a fuel injected 5.0 engine. I am going to rebuild the engine and convert it to carbureted. I have the chilton manual for this truck but it doesn't exactly tell me everything I need to know about the engine bay's electrical diagram.

Do you know where I can find a good diagram of the electrical layout of the engine bay?

I want to remove all of the EFI components and leave everything else. But it is hard to tell what is what. This is especially difficult since the engine was partially disassembled when I got the truck so all of the electrical connections were unplugged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sal

Old 06-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I think I had answerd you in another thread about the changeover to a carb.
The best thing you might do is visit a libarary that may have the wiring drawing you need for that year.
The drawings are large and get complex to read so take you time to learn how to read them before starting or you can remove it all and start from scratch as a carbed engine is not all that hard as compaired to EFI.
Basicaly power thru the ignition switch to the ignition, power the start relay in start position and power the fuel pump if used otherwise it takes care of it'self if a mech pump, then plumbing the fuel line and removing the EFI pumps.
I done it the other direction back about 96. Installed Mass Air fuel injection a 73 Comet 302 before there was very many done in the whole country.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 06-04-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Converting EFI to Carbureted