dead foglights anyone?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dead foglights anyone?!

Hello there
I have recently bought an 04 lightning and the foglights were not working. The bulbs are ok and ive pulled every fuse going all ok. The hand book looks to have different fuse box diagrams in it. I have put a meter to the fog light feed and nothing.
if anyone has any ideas it would be a help
thanks
adam

Old 05-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Adam,

The best I could come up with it to download the '04 Heritage Owners Manual, so I might be a bit out in the tall grass on this one.

From what the '04 Her' OM has listed, it looks to be the same setup as the '01 Fogs.

The 2 fuses that need to be checked are:

1. CJB ( Central Junction box = inside the cab ) #27, 5 AMP fuses. This feeds the switch, quick test, when you pull the fog lamp switch out, does the fog lamp icon on the switch illuminate ?

2. BJB ( Battery Junction box = under the hood ) # 9, 15 AMP. This is what the fog lamp relay uses to feed the fog lamps.

The other item to check is the relay in position 206 in the BJB. This is the relay that should close when the fog lamp switch, closes the coils.

Here is the diagram for the '01 fog lamps :

If you pull the fog lamp relay from position # 206, and check it with a meter, is there power on pin #3 ?
The pins should be labeled on the relay, just line them up with the socket terminals.

If there is power on Pin #3, a jumper wire from pin # 3 to pin # 5 should make the fog lamps illuminate, if they have a good ground at the fog lamp bulb connector.

When you checked for power at the fog lamp bulb connector, were you using the fog lamp connector for the ground ? Never can tell could be a bad ground at the fog lamp connector ?? When you place the jumper between pins #3 & #5, and test the fog lamp connector to another known good ground, what happens ?

Let us know.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 PM
no fog lights

At the moment i can tell you that the fog light icon on the headlight switch comes on when you pull out the switch if that helps not had time to check the other things at present.
Thanks

Just been and checked throu the things you said and the fuse was missing from the battery junction box. Put a fuse in and job done!
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by englandlightnin; 05-25-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
damm foglights!!!!!

after fitting a fuse to the battery junction box and finding my foglights working i have just been out and now got daytime running lights as well!!! hence thats why someone has pulled that fuse.
So the next battle, is it possible to have my foglights and loose the running lights?

Old 05-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a DRL relay and resistor.

There are a few external links to how to on DRLs

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/drl.php

FedEX pilot's site with the how to add DRLs ( use for location and what the resistor looks like ):
http://www.geocities.com/skyjet1/DRL.html?200626?200625

The DRL resistor should be behind the front driver's side headlamp. Just remove the resistor, and the DRLs will stop working. Again, I don't have access to a '04 L manual or EVTM to confirm this is the same, but it has been the same up to the '03 MY, which should still be the same basic chassis.

FedEx pilots web site has the location of the DRL resistor, and a picture of what it looks like.

The other posts on the topics here can be found by usign the search term DRL* and my member name.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Thumbs up

after reading one of the links i found that i had to disconnect a relay under the drivers headlight which has done the job.
Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: dead foglights anyone?!