Fog Lamps on at All times '05 - '06 ( maybe 04 )

Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
Steve,

As usual, great stuff, well explained and very complete. One question though. Knowing how many folks have had problems with their MFS without any additional load placed on them, do you think this might negatively affect it? Thanks!
There should be no additional load on the MFS with this configuration.

Summary of the changes made here : where the fog lamp relay coil gets ground from. Not in the path of the MFS itself.

Check this against the diagrams, but the MFS is for the Low and high beams:
1. MFS in the load beam position goes into the central junction box, and is the power source to fuses F23 & F25 ( Right and Left low beam circuit #161 & #160 ).
2. MFS in FTP or high beam position feeds the power to the coil on the high beam relay, which via fuse # F35 feeds both sides high beam lamps. This applys power to the location that the fog lamp relay got coil groudn from, so when power in, and reference ( ground ) are the same, the coil in the relay drops out, and without the coil in, the fog lamps shut off.

The only real change to the fog lamps with this setup, is where the fog lamp relay gets the ground for the coil from.
1. Factory = derrived from the high beam element in the head lamps.
1.1. The circuit that is shown in the Central junction box from pin #1 on the fog lamp relay to pin #87 on the high beam relay, which is the high beam circuit #12.
2. Mod = actual ground wire to the chassis.

Power distribution to the MFS and to the fog lamps is via power distribution circuit #196, which in turn feeds fuse #f17 ( fuse prior to the N.O. contacts on the relay ). This is a splice prior to the MFS.

Good question on the function of the mod, and to date no one has questioned what the negative impact could be on the factory system. Good part, the answer is none.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why did I just know you had that angle figured out already? Keep up the good work!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSCULLY,

I have an '07 that I am installing a front painted bumper and fog lamps where there were no fog lamps before. At your convenience would you see if you can find S108 in you manual. It is suppose to be a point of splice to connect fog lamps to. I'm not sure where the physical location of this splice is suppose to be but it's going to be a Tan/Orange wire coming from the fog lamp relay. I would appreciate any help. I've got a copy of the wiring diagram page that shows the fog lamps, fog lamp relay and wiring. It shows S108 as a point of connection or splice of the fog lamps to the Tan/Orange wire. I want to use the new OEM switch I installed.

Last edited by STXDriver; 02-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That is an interesting one.

S108 is marked as by engine control sensor near G102 from G102 move to the driver's side about 12" to 14"

G102 is marked as rear right hand engine compartment the drawing makes it look to be one fo the wires from the neg post on the battery, straight back to the firewall in the engine compartment.

If you cannot find it, use the ground relocation method I describe above, and in addition to moving the ground to the lug on the body, also take pin 5, and run it through the firewall where the grommet is by the driver's side by the brake, and run this to your driving lamps.

Just an option if you cannot find your wires at splice S108 on the firewall over from G102.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay

Originally Posted by Dog'em
I got a $9.00 kit off of ebay that does the same thing and only took about 5 minutes to hook up. Works great and has a 3 year warranty.

can you share the the link for the kit?

Old 02-11-2021, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Link?

Originally Posted by Michaelwalker84
can you share the the link for the kit?
Was the link ever posted?

The following users liked this post:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fog Lamps on at All times '05 - '06 ( maybe 04 )