HELP, hard to find automotive lighting parts needed ?? (Pics

Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, hard to find automotive lighting parts needed ?? (Pics

Ok so I’m trying to hook up a set of aftermarket fog lights for a friend on his F-150, but the end which is suppose to fit into the factory 9005 plug has only the exposed ( + and - ) wires with no plastic cap to provide a weather tight seal. The direction call for you to stick the metal ends into the factory female end to supply the lights with power and signal. The directions say that since this is a universal kit you should test the female connector on the vehicle with a multimeter to determine which the positive is and which the ground is. I called the manufacturer and they said they stopped supplying the plastic connecter b/c stupid GM people kept installing the connector upside down which make the light not work b/c supposedly its reversed on a GM I don’t know if that’s true or not sounds like BS to me, I guess it saves them money? I know other kits come with this plastic piece b/c I ordered a different companies kit for another guy. Do yall know what this piece is called and where I can find them?? I already checked napa, pepboys, advanced auto, and a couple residential & commercial electrical stores with no luck, I’m sure its somewhere on the internet now I just have to find it.

This is what its suppose to look like when the metal pieces are inserted into the supplied plastic piece.

Thanks

Nick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP, hard to find automotive lighting parts needed ?? (Pics