Change Clockspring

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Change Clockspring

hi everyone,

im have been looking on how to change my clockspring but have found no input on that can someone help me on that, the problem is that my lights on cruise control on the wheel are off, also the air bag light is one, can some one help me step by step on how to change the spring clock or how to verify the conection, and if there is a posability to tell me how to disconect the posibble fire hazard from the cruise control since this is a first symptom of your car being burnt.

bsand...
f-150 2000 4x4 crew cab.
5.4 triton

Old 12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't help with the clockspring, but do a search on the cruise control issue. It has been discussed a million times over the past year. There are posts with pictures, even.

PS: welcome to the site Always do a thorough search first, or you will be ignored or worse, you will be trashed!

Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by bsand
hi everyone,

im have been looking on how to change my clockspring but have found no input on that can someone help me on that, the problem is that my lights on cruise control on the wheel are off, also the air bag light is one, can some one help me step by step on how to change the spring clock or how to verify the conection, and if there is a posability to tell me how to disconect the posibble fire hazard from the cruise control since this is a first symptom of your car being burnt.

bsand...
f-150 2000 4x4 crew cab.
5.4 triton
welcome to the fourm! I recently had my clock spring replaced at the Ford dealer for 300.00 plus tax. I hear theres a lot involved in trying to do it yourself so I didn't even bother to attempt it. If you got 300 bucks it's worth just taking it in.
I guess the part is only 60 bucks, and the rest is in labor charges.

Goodluck man!

Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Ok,

I Will Look Into The Dealership And I Will Also Do More Research On Things Before Posting. Thanks A Mil.

Bsand

Old 01-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
welcome to the fourm! I recently had my clock spring replaced at the Ford dealer for 300.00 plus tax. I hear theres a lot involved in trying to do it yourself so I didn't even bother to attempt it. If you got 300 bucks it's worth just taking it in.
I guess the part is only 60 bucks, and the rest is in labor charges.

Goodluck man!

$60?!? I just paid almost $100 at my local stealership. ARRRGH!!!

Quick Reply: Change Clockspring