Restraint Control Module- all sensors error code

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restraint Control Module- all sensors error code

I recently purchased a 2006 F150 4x4 and I'm trying my best to resurrect it from what we shall call, a complete slob that had no idea how to care for a vehicle mechanically or otherwise. Been chasing down codes and swapping parts for awhile, but this one has me stumped:

I get almost every, if not every, error code you can get for the restraint control module. I purchased new seats (the old ones required a hazmat suit to remove) from a junkyard, presumably from a wreck. From what I understand, the RCM itself is the black box under the passenger seat. But plugging in either the new (wrecked) RCM or the old (presumably never wrecked?) RCM has no impact when using ForScan to read the codes. The seatbelts don't appear to have fired, yet they read as pretensioners failed for both. The sensor for the seat belt being buckled on the dash functions as it should, yet one of the errors is that it has failed. The seat rail sensor and the occupant sensor both fail as well. With these as well I have tried swapping out the old sensors and none of these clear, even after a battery reset or a forced 'clear codes' from ForScan.

Does the RCM need to be reset in some way other than how the PCM is reset? Anyone know where the harness is run? The fact that the seatbelt-unfastened warning alarm and dash light function as they should lead me to believe these are simply old codes that need to be cleared and not a harness cut somewhere?

Quick Reply: Restraint Control Module- all sensors error code