cc disconect switch

Old 05-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cc disconect switch

letter from Ford states dealers have parts to fix recall. go to dealer show service riter letter and ask if they have part, sayes YES, tryes to sell me other service, say just do recall. 45 minutes later gives me keys and sayes it is done. next day I am showing friend engine and find they only took plug out and taped it up. went back to dealer, gave me song and dance about how that is the procedure, untill they order the part which they didn`t order yet. how dumb are they? call Ford to complane and find another recall fo wipermotor cover.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Would you rather continue driving around with a potential fire hazard under you hood or have a disconnected plug that cannot supply electricity to a potential volatile switch? Typically, when a manufacturer discovers a problem such as this, they don't have all the replacement parts on hand for all the affected vehicles. I would just be patient. Remember, you aren't the only one with the problem.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 AM
cc disconect switch

Thats not the point, Dealear said THEY HAD PART.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Parts are available to all dealers. There are still some dealers that claim they do not have the parts and acn't get them.... they are wrong. They have been available since the 2nd of the month. The kit is Ford Part #: 1L1Z-9F924-AA Motorcraft Part # SW-6350. If your dealer performed the interim repair after May 5th, they will not be getting paid for their efforts anyways. The permanent fix is there. They just need to check the FSA for your vehicle.

-Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cc disconect switch