keyless entry systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyless entry systems

I am hoping some one can help me with a new toy, that i can't use yet.

I picked up one of those keypads that Ford sells to add keyless entry to my 03 Screw, I was bummed when I got home to find out that I can't find the card that came with the truck that tells you the code on the computer in the truck.

The remote is universal and I can program it to work my truck doors etc, but I need the code first, doh!

I know its on the computer and that I can take it to ford to get it, but is there any other way to get it. On the old Lincons and Merc's there was a sticker on the trunk strut that told you the code, Nothing like this on the screw that I have seen. If anyone has any idea let me know.

thanks.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't have my truck yet, but from what I read on this site and others, is that the code is printed on the Keyless module itself. I can't confirm that. From what I read, the master code is right on the lable. Some sight even had an actual picture of the code. I'm sure you already looked there though.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:36 AM
You've probably already looked:

Did you check inside the manual case? In mine, there is a card in there that gives me the permanent code.

.......just a thought!

Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I always thought the "stick" on keypads were universal and didn't require you to have the keypad in the first place....anyway, if your truck came with a keypad and you lost the little card, check up under the driver's side dash, up on the firewall above the brake pedal. It's way up there and should look like:

Circled in red is the 5 digit factory code

Tony

Old 03-25-2005, 07:08 PM
I actually got it today, I found out that you don't need the factory code with the universal keypads.

Actually the keypads and key fobs can be programmed to any computer, so the computer learns the remotes code.

To do this you need to follow these steps.
1. turn the key on and off 8 times and the doors will lock and unlock. This is learning mode for the computer

2. Hit the lock button on each fob, and enter the default code for the universal keypad.

3.When you have hit them all and the doors locks actuate for each one, Your done.

4. Turn the key again the doors will lock. use the keypad to verify and the fobs also.

bingo your done.

This was in the instructions that were missing out of the box I had for some reason.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Quick Reply: keyless entry systems