converting manual door locks and windows to power

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question converting manual door locks and windows to power

Hi All!
Here is a question for you all. I have a 99 F-150 Supercab STX 4X4 and love it! It has almost everything I want and I will not be trading it in for a very, very long time (if ever). My only problem is that it has manual door locks and windows. Are there any conversion kits in existence to convert the doors over to automatic? If not, my only other thought was to install new doors from another F150 but that would be expensive and would cause me to mess up the front to back graphic I have on the side of my truck. Anyone have any insight into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mozzer Rocks
I have owned Ford before but this is my first truck from them. Man they were not kidding when they said 'Ford Tough'. It's been great!

Old 02-11-2003, 01:08 AM
The door inards would be easy. The GEM used to control the locks and such would be tricky.

I reccomend getting the phone book and contacting some van conversion shops in your area. It is very possible that a quality conversion shop can do this. I know the one locally can do amazing things with an F150 XL work truck!

Old 02-11-2003, 08:02 AM
I had power door locks installed on my truck at the dealer and the ignition key and alarm remote activate them (lock-unlock).

Still have the manual window regulator though.

Old 02-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

My '98 F150 had manual windows and locks. I had an alarm installed and they put in the power locks with it, for $150.

I installed a power window kit myself. Pretty cool; it was made in Italy and used the factory crank. Complete kit, the only thing missing was a color coordinated cover for the crank handle hole in the door skin.

If you are interested, I'll dig the info up and send it to you...

Old 02-11-2003, 12:01 PM
I put power door locks in my 97F150 XL this summer. I bought two actuators off ebay. I then picked up some wire and two relays from a local shop. Total install took about 3 hours. I already had a remote starter, and i use the remote for that to lock/unlock the doors. You could buy a couple of rocker switches though and mount them in the armrest to control the locks.

Not sure if links are allowed but go to google and search for a site called 12Volt. This is where i got my schematic for the setup.

Quick Reply: converting manual door locks and windows to power