Evo wont store tire size change.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo wont store tire size change.

After installing 295/70/18 on my 05 FX4 with a 2inch leveling kit, I cant get the evo to store the new tire size of 2667MM. The old tire size stored is 2367MM or somewhere in that area, with the old tire size at 275/65/18????

Old 11-29-2017, 06:13 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I had this problem with my Superchips and had to go to their web site for an update that fixed the issue.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Garry, this is a "feature" of the monochrome Evolution. It probably IS using the new tire size you have entered, but you have to do something special to show that it did.

It goes something like this, and it's been several years since I've used an Evo, so I may have the names a bit wrong. You've entered the new tire size of 2667mm, programmed the PCM and now you want to "check it". So, you enter the programming procedure and it asks if you want to "customize anything" which, of course you do, since you want to use a different TS, so you push the "yes" option.

Now, here's the important part! BEFORE you do anything else, scroll down to the ""Load Previous Settings" option and select that. Then, you can scroll to Tire Size and you will see something very close to the 2667mm you entered before. It may not be that exact value though, because the Evo converts the diameter to a "revs per mile setting" internally and when it converts back to diameter there is a rounding error.

The 2367 figure you keep seeing is just a placeholder setting that always appears unless you have "Loaded Previous Settings". If you don't change it, that number will be used to set the TS. "Loading Previous Settings" shows you what is currently applied and will be the value that is used in programming.

Hope this helps.

- Jack

Old 11-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, that worked exactly like you instructed Jack. Have not had a reason to play with the different settings on the evo for years now since I put it in in 2006. But that tip you gave me did it! Problem solved! Thanks alot......maybe an update wouldn't hurt either, its been years......G

Old 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Glad to help, Garry. I would NOT try to update the software or firmware in the Evo though, unless you are having problems. It's not like a PC, where constant updating prevents virus or similar infections. Updates to the Evo are mainly to correct specific problems that show up in use.

It had been so long since I wrote it, that I completely forgot about this "sticky": https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...ions-menu.html You might want to check it out to learn more about your Evo.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Evo wont store tire size change.