Got the SCT X4 tuner from MPT, questions.....

Old 07-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the SCT X4 tuner from MPT, questions.....

So, I ordered the SCT X4 tuner from MPT, I installed the canned 87 octane tune and turned OFF trac control. Now the 'Check Brake System' warning is flashing and the 'Brake' 'ABS' warning lights are on. Is this something I have to live with? I don't mind the 'Brake' and 'ABS' warning lights being on, but the 'Check Brake System' warning that flashes and chimes is annoying as hell. I'm going to call MPT but just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they resolved. THX

Old 07-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Well, reading is great!!! From MPT site when I just looked into a custom tune:

Traction Control: Will be disabled or left on if applicable on your vehicle, tune specific. WARNING: Disabling this in the tune will cause multiple lights to be displayed on the dash, the button will be non-functional. Our recommendation is to leave it factory and use the button to disable traction control.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LUCC
Well, reading is great!!! From MPT site when I just looked into a custom tune:

Traction Control: Will be disabled or left on if applicable on your vehicle, tune specific. WARNING: Disabling this in the tune will cause multiple lights to be displayed on the dash, the button will be non-functional. Our recommendation is to leave it factory and use the button to disable traction control.
So your saying your TC is totally disabled with the MPT tune?

Wish they would do it to mine but have been told numerous times they cant do anything with the TC and advance trac.

You may want to be a little careful driving around if it is disabled as you wont have ABS from my understanding.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
So your saying your TC is totally disabled with the MPT tune?

Wish they would do it to mine but have been told numerous times they cant do anything with the TC and advance trac.

You may want to be a little careful driving around if it is disabled as you wont have ABS from my understanding.
There is an option to turn TC on or off when loading the canned tune. I turned off and that caused all the warnings lights/message/chime. I'm going to update to keep TC on and just manually adjust when needed. I have a Predator for my '02 GT and able to turn off TC with no warnings as a result.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Depends on what year the vehicle is. On the 2009 and newer trucks, most of the traction control is handled by the ABS module, which we don't have access to with SCT custom tuning software. If we try disabling T/C on these newer trucks, you end up with lights on the dash and traction control is still there. Best bet is to leave T/C stock and use the button. If you want to temporarily disable T/C completely, you can pull the ABS fuse.

*MPT does not endorse the act of disabling your ABS. Use at your own risk. Don't run with scissors.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:41 AM
SCT X4 Tuner costumer

WARNING!!!!! Recently I used my tuner to return to stock mode and my engine started turning over without me fully turning the key clockwise. Now i have an engine light that wont go away and a truck that will not start or communicate with the SCT X4 tuner. Ford Dealership was unable to reprogram my PCM and now Im stuck with a unreliable 500 dollar SCT X4 Tuner and the cost of a new PCM and another 100 to reflash the used pcm by the dealership. For a grand total of a lost weekend a pissed off wife two screaming kids 900 dollars and one unsatisfied SCT costumer. Unable to return the sct past 30 days of purchase.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got the SCT X4 tuner from MPT, questions.....