F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Just added a MPT custom tune... (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/481291-just-added-mpt-custom-tune.html)

ryanwagner78 12-22-2012 03:20 PM

Just added a MPT custom tune...

Wow, what a difference. I thought the truck felt quick with the SCT 93 map, this new map is ridiculous. Changed the shift pattern of the transmission so instead of searching for a gear between 1/2/3 it stays in first to near 3K and accelerates great. Curious to see how it does over the next few months, but it actually took a little of the 'bump' out of idle in drive.

http://www.morepowertuning.com/

jbravo316 12-22-2012 06:29 PM

Now go out and enjoy that custom tune.

cheef 12-22-2012 09:56 PM

That's great, amazing what custom tuning can do for you and your truck!!

Enjoy

ryanwagner78 12-23-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jbravo316 (Post 4934569)
Now go out and enjoy that custom tune.

Took it for a 15 minute trek down the highway, HUGE difference. Doesn't even feel like the same truck anymore. I could see where some wouldn't like it because the shifting is more "sports-car" than "truck", but for me..outstanding.

88racing 12-23-2012 09:12 AM

It's nice to hear good tuner reviews.....keep us updated.....enjoy!!

ryanwagner78 12-23-2012 09:42 AM

Mike at MPT did an outstanding job, he configured everything for street. Nice part was, I had a typo on my order form saying "3.75" gears, so Mike set it for "3.55". I told him, and right now he is editing the tune for 3.73. He calibrates everything for my mods, tires/CAI/exhaust/style of driving/octane/goal. Already configures for the tires so that the speedo is still correct (with SCT you could set it but had to pick between 550 or 600 which is 'around' accurate for 35's).

Really liked the response from MPT. I sent in a note about the gears and was contacted 30 minutes later.

cheef 12-23-2012 01:57 PM

That's the beauty of the custom tune...you want to soften the tranny pressure than get Mike to take some out, you want more - just ask! I had 5star fiddle around with some parameters, simply amazing.

Boss949 02-16-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ryanwagner78 (Post 4934531)
Wow, what a difference. I thought the truck felt quick with the SCT 93 map, this new map is ridiculous. Changed the shift pattern of the transmission so instead of searching for a gear between 1/2/3 it stays in first to near 3K and accelerates great. Curious to see how it does over the next few months, but it actually took a little of the 'bump' out of idle in drive.

http://www.morepowertuning.com/

That's good to hear. My son-in-law just received a custom tune from MPT for his Excursion (diesel) and can't believe the difference.

I've settled on AED for custom tunes for my Boss and waiting to hear back from Shaun to see if they do trucks. I was considering 5 Star or MPT.

Is your truck a 5.0? I also like the "sports car feel".

Thanks and any other advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Steve

MorePowerTuning 02-26-2013 07:02 PM

Thanks guys for the post and good feedback. We are now a sponsor on this site so we'll be around to help out and answer questions that anyone has on SCT tuners or custom tunes. We are also giving a forum discount, PM us for details.

88racing 02-26-2013 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boss949 (Post 4955215)
That's good to hear. My son-in-law just received a custom tune from MPT for his Excursion (diesel) and can't believe the difference.

I've settled on AED for custom tunes for my Boss and waiting to hear back from Shaun to see if they do trucks. I was considering 5 Star or MPT.

Is your truck a 5.0? I also like the "sports car feel".

Thanks and any other advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Steve

sound great....

just an observation from over the years of being on forums.....there's very few who can do both the f150's and stangs....there are differences and some tuners don't pay any attention to them

Boss949 02-26-2013 10:12 PM

I've been corresponding with Mike about purchasing his tunes. This would be my first Tuner for a truck, so I've had a lot of questions for him and he's been more than helpful and I will be ordering the SCT and custom tunes in the next few days from MPT.

Redbusa06 04-02-2016 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MorePowerTuning (Post 4959054)
Thanks guys for the post and good feedback. We are now a sponsor on this site so we'll be around to help out and answer questions that anyone has on SCT tuners or custom tunes. We are also giving a forum discount, PM us for details.

There's no option to pm you about the discount?

ryan42680 04-05-2016 04:42 PM

I'm interested in the forum discount, as well, and I have a few questions.

FireBean 04-14-2016 06:08 AM

Just wanted to throw out another +1 for MPT. I picked mine up in 2012 and they are amazing. I too had a ton of questions and they quickly answered all of them. Highly recommend MPT.

concreteclauss 10-20-2016 10:46 AM

I have a 2010 Lariat 5.4, 4x4. Just bought a 32ft travel camper this summer and realize it is a beast on the truck through hill country. Does fine on flat to low hill roads, but thought I would try to "learn" understand if there are "Chips" from my old day knowledge- Tuners or what else I could do to increase the torque, performance for pulling and always like the idea of a bit more peppy just for fun. Not a gearhead at all, so any guidance to research or products to look at/ be set up with would be appreciated.