Superchip Chevy application?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip Chevy application?

Howdy fellas,hope my post dosent get deleted,lol.Im looking for a chip for my 2001 Chev H.D.4x4 with the 6.0 motor,i know this is a Ford site,but ive heard some good things about the Superchip,i.e.tuned at part throttle.What are the H.P. and torque gains?I understand Mike is the man to talk to.How bout it Mike,equal time to a Chev owner?(-; Ill put up my forcefield now,and wait for the flames.......

Old 08-13-2001, 09:31 PM
OOOHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!

How could this have happened? STEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Need help here dude!!LOL.

Old 08-13-2001, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Superchip Chevy application?

Originally posted by Fenceman
Howdy fellas,hope my post dosent get deleted,lol.Im looking for a chip for my 2001 Chev H.D.4x4 with the 6.0 motor,i know this is a Ford site,but ive heard some good things about the Superchip,i.e.tuned at part throttle.What are the H.P. and torque gains?I understand Mike is the man to talk to.How bout it Mike,equal time to a Chev owner?(-; Ill put up my forcefield now,and wait for the flames.......
Hey, you drive a Chevy, what's Autozone's number?

Old 08-14-2001, 03:50 AM
Isn't there some kind of programmer that Superchip sells for GM products? You hook it up to some port (data port?) and the thing scans and reprograms the computer.

Old 08-14-2001, 09:57 AM
Talking Now guys, lighten up...

It's ok that he owns a Chevy you know... Not everyone has the wisdom to own a Ford. Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyhow, Fenceman I'm sure you're more than welcome to stick around here. Mike T. should be along shortly to answer your question, but I think Dennis is probably on the right track!

Old 08-14-2001, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the civilized responses fellas.....lets just say Autozone isnt on my speed-dial list.Im kinda fussy bout what i put on my truck,and just looking at different chips before i part with my hard earned dough.Im not all bad ya know,have a couple of Ford flatbeds for the buisness,P.S.D.'s are hard to beat.Thanks in advance.Mark.

Last edited by Fenceman; 08-14-2001 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2001, 08:03 PM
Fenceman,

Let's see. A COUPLE of Fords compared to ONE Chevy. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You know what? I can Live with that. Welcome. Mike should be here anytime now. Good-luck.

Old 08-14-2001, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Fenceman,

Actually, you're not the first Chevy owner to drop by and inquire about a Superchip application for the GM's, and yes, we do make Superchip applications for a number of the GM vehicles as well.

For all the details about the Superchips Micro Tuner for your Chevy, please just give us a call or shoot us an email, & we'll be happy to get you all that info ASAP.

Briefly, yes, we do tune at *all* throttle positions, unlike Hypertech, Jet, and the others, and we also tune each vehicle according to it's exact factory sopftware revision instead of "generically" like most others, so the Micro Tuner will work to increase your power and performance *all* the time, from 1000 rpm on up, not just on full-throttle. The power gains typically run about 10% on horsepower, and 15% more torque.

Our phone number is just below in our signature line, as is our email address, so please just give us a quick shout and we'll be happy to go over all of those details with you, ok? Thanks!

I see you have a couple of PSD's, those are tough motors indeed, and great Fords, so you are a Ford owner as well, and that being the case, you're more than welcome here at F-150 Online!

Who knows, if you aren't running Superchips in those PSD's already, you might want to talk with us about that as well, as the Superchip for the Powerstroke Diesel gives not only a big power gain, but also a nice increase in fuel mileage in those PSD's anytime the motor is under a load. Of couse, you know your situation far better than we do, so you know if that would be applicable to your vehicle uses & needs or not.

Just give us a quick shout, & we'll be happy to go over all the details of the Micro Tuner for your 2001 GM!

Good luck with your truck,

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 08-14-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:18 PM
Thanks Mike.Are there any dyno charts available showing H.P. and torque gains relative to rpm's?I appreciate your response.Thanks a bunch!

Old 08-24-2001, 11:22 PM
Is this info not available?Figured it was the standard question.Thanks.

Old 08-25-2001, 03:30 AM
maybe

Did you check their website? www.superchips.com ...........a few minutes later http://www.superchips.com/domestic.htm ........I didn't see a dyno graph but the the gains are shown on the chart.Hope this helps.......Btw, chevy's aren't that bad I used to drive a 1989 Chevy Berreta Gt, 138,000 trouble free miles.Good luck on the truck

Last edited by lightningcrashz; 08-25-2001 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Fenceman,

My apologies, I think I must have just missed your post!

The manufacturer would have any of that info, however, with over 14,000 applications, just one before and after for each would be 28,000 different dyno charts, and they don't keep all of those on hand after they've recorded final dyno tune numbers.

Try dropping by the manufacturer's web site at www.superchips.com . If you don't see it there, just drop them an email thru the link right there on the site and ask them. It usually takes a few days for an email response to end users from them right now, as it's the height of racing season.

Give us a shout if you'd like to go over any of the details, etc.

Quick Reply: Superchip Chevy application?