how to get a custom tune for my edge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to get a custom tune for my edge?

i have a edge on my 04 f-150...with a aem cold air intake and cat back exhaust system on the truck....now how do i go abouts getting a custom tune?....where do i get it how much do i pay and how long would it take until i can put the tune on my unit? also how hard is it to upload the custom tune to the edge?

not gonna switch to anything else already spent the money on the edge so to late now lol but just curious

thank you

Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 AM
The only way I know is to call PHP and have them change it to a Gryphon and then order custom tunes from them. I don't know their prices but from my dealings with them they are amazing. There may be other ways but as I stated this is the only way I know about getting custom tunes on an edge. There are a lot of people smarter than I am on here so maybe someone else will chime in.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can trade your Edge in for a Gryphon. It's really the best option.
Here are the normal rates.
Here is the sale info.

Basically, assuming I have read everything right, it is $35 to upgrade your Edge to a Gryphon. I think it's awesome PHP lets people do that, and it's not a bad price.
For custom tunes, they are $50 a tune. Right now, they are running a holiday sale, Buy 2 get 1 free.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I need to get my edge changed to gryfon

I just found out I need a custum tune since I modified my truck with a K&N (CAI) and Flowmaster exhaust. I dont want to run lean and destroy my engine. How to I contact the right people to do this?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by criscash78
I just found out I need a custum tune since I modified my truck with a K&N (CAI) and Flowmaster exhaust. I dont want to run lean and destroy my engine. How to I contact the right people to do this?

you are already running lean

Old 12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Smile Thank you for the link

I have not checked my spark plugs to see if I'm running lean, but the info on the Edge explained that the Edge will cause a non factory truck to run lean. I have the K&N cold air intake and switched out the factory muffler for a flowmaster 40 series. To be honest the truck runs great with the Edge. I have been using 93 octane and noticed the performance and shifting is great. I'm just concerned about the warning and feel I should get the costume tune for modified trucks and avoid any damage. If anyone has any imput on this It would be really helpful.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by criscash78
I have not checked my spark plugs to see if I'm running lean, but the info on the Edge explained that the Edge will cause a non factory truck to run lean. I have the K&N cold air intake and switched out the factory muffler for a flowmaster 40 series. To be honest the truck runs great with the Edge. I have been using 93 octane and noticed the performance and shifting is great. I'm just concerned about the warning and feel I should get the costume tune for modified trucks and avoid any damage. If anyone has any imput on this It would be really helpful.

let me explain again, the hot air intake on your year of truck causes them to run lean...

your truck is modified, it is not stock so good luck

Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Cool I'm wondering if I should just take the cold air intake off

The K&N (CAI) only adds a cool sound to the truck and causes it to run lean as you said. S I was wondering if It would be better to return the intake to stock or have php change my Edge over and create custom tunes for (CAI). Any suggestions?

Old 12-11-2011, 11:26 PM

sell that POS K&N and do the DMV/Gotts intake mod along with your custom tune

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you

I checked out the gott mods. K&N is already on craigslist for sale

Quick Reply: how to get a custom tune for my edge?