ATTENTION: New Gryphon CS/CTS owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
ATTENTION: New Gryphon CS/CTS owners

Just want to let you customers of PHP who purchased the Gryphon version of the Edge CS/CTS know that you DO NOT use Pegasus at all!
Pegasus which is PHP's server/software that links the original Gryphons to update and download custom tunes, updates, splash screens, and other functions.
Gryphon CS+CTS owners must use Edge's Fusion software now.
Thanx
Have a great day!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Thanks, 88! (He's right, folks!)

It's all going to be very confusing for a while. If you have questions about one of these units, please make sure you specify that it is a CS or CTS unit too. Otherwise, you'll get a misleading answer.

- Jack

Old 04-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Might want consider making this a sticky for awhile?
At least until more people get to know the product.
Peace!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Global Moderator &

I think you're right, so it's "stuck" for the present.

- Jack

Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few more questions concerning Gryphon CS / CTS

I'm definitely going to purchase one of the two today, but I still have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with today so that I can go ahead and get one ordered.
First of all, since the Edge and the Gryphons are currently the same price, I thinks it's a no brainer to go with the Gryphon. Just wondering do they ship it with canned-tunes to begin with, or do they require a custom tune upon purchase? My truck is currently stock, so I figured that I wouldn't need custom tunes until I make some mods.

Also, are the custom tunes just emailed to you upon their completion, allowing you to run your current tunes until the new one's are completed?

Thanks,
Joey

Old 04-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Good morning to you!
First of all they both come with canned tunes on them.
3 to be precise.
They are»
1-tranny only
2-tow
3-91-93oct performance.

With the new platform of the CS/CTS you'll need to use Edge's Fusion for anything with these programmers.
If you desire custom tunes then you'll order them and receive an email that they are ready. Then proceed to use fusion to load them on to the unit.

Being that your truck is stock you can still reap the benifits of custom tunes for they are fine taylored to you and your truck.

The other thing is that there are some sticky's at the top of this sub forum that help explain a lot of things also.

Thanks
And
Have a great day!

Junior MGDfan v0.88

Last edited by 88racing; 04-16-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sixguy
I'm definitely going to purchase one of the two today, but I still have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help me with today so that I can go ahead and get one ordered.

First of all, since the Edge and the Gryphons are currently the same price, I thinks it's a no brainer to go with the Gryphon. Just wondering do they ship it with canned-tunes to begin with, or do they require a custom tune upon purchase?

Yes they do come with canned tunes, but they are better than the Edge canned tunes.

My truck is currently stock, so I figured that I wouldn't need custom tunes until I make some mods.

True, but like you said, with the CS/Gryphon will have the option of getting custom tunes later.

Also, are the custom tunes just emailed to you upon their completion, allowing you to run your current tunes until the new one's are completed?

They (custom tunes) will be downloaded using the Edge Fusion Software. I'm a little unsure on this one (the CS/CTS are different than the original Evo-Gryphon, but I think the tunes will still reside on either Edge's or PHP's server. If not , then I assume they wil be e-mailed to you.

Thanks,
Joey

Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Sir Shotgunz,
FYI
Bill doesn't have access to these canned tunes on the CS/CTS due to Edge's CARB certificate.
Bill only has access to the original Gryphon's canned tunes.
This is what I understood as per the phone conversation with him.
The custom tunes will remain on Edge's server.
Just thought I'd let you know. Have a Great Day!

Junior MGDfan v0.88

Old 04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info, but I'm still confused about 1 thing. When you purchase a Gryphon,will you be able to use it before acquiring custom tunes? Just figured that it would be nice to benefit from a generic tune until the custom tunes are ready. Sorry for so many questions, I just haven't found anything in the sticky's dealing with this.

Thanks again,
Joey

Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Yep!
You can pretty much use it right out of the box.
But with the CS/CTS its a good idea to get them registered through fusion and check for updates first.
Have a good day!

Junior MGDfan v0.88

Last edited by 88racing; 04-17-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Global Moderator &

In case anyone is confused here:
1. BOTH the Gryphon and the CS/CTS units come with canned tunes that you can use immediately. You will undoubtedly see improved performance.
2. To create your custom tunes, Bill Cohron at PHP needs the "HEX" code from your PCM, which you will be able to read once you plug the Gryphon or CS/CTS into your truck.
3. Once your custom tune(s) are ready (you can order 1, 2, or 3 - I have 2), you will receive an email notification.
4. If you have an "old style" Gryphon (monochrome screen), you plug the Gryphon into your PC, with an application called "Pegasus" (that you download from PHP) running and it installs the tunes into your Gryphon.
5. If you have a CS/CTS, you plug the unit into your PC with an application called "Fusion" (that came on a disk with your unit) running and it installs the tunes into your CS/CTS.
Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

- Jack

Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 88racing
Sir Shotgunz,
FYI
Bill doesn't have access to these canned tunes on the CS/CTS due to Edge's CARB certificate.
Bill only has access to the original Gryphon's canned tunes.
This is what I understood as per the phone conversation with him.
The custom tunes will remain on Edge's server.
Just thought I'd let you know. Have a Great Day!

Junior MGDfan v0.88
Thanks King 88! That clears up a lot in my mind and hopefully Jack will add this to the Tunes sticky!

If Jack doesn't then you know that he will start hounding Jack.

MGDfan Junior V1.0

Old 04-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Junior MGDfan v0.88

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks Jack. That clears things up. Exactly what I needed to know..

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Global Moderator &

You're very welcome! These MGDfan wannabe's like shotgunz CAN make things confusing, can't they? (In case you don't know, through no fault of my own, I'm now in a running gun battle with shotgunz. Haven't had much return fire from him yet - I think he's back in "depot" getting the holes patched).

But, just so he won't have something else to "ping" me on, I'm going to move this thread to the "stuck" one at the top of the forum that warns about the differences between CS/CTS and older Gryphon programmers.

- Jack

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: New Gryphon CS/CTS owners