I see Edge problems galore!

Old 03-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sledger
So the way i am taking this is if i get an edge tuner and install without a CAI just a lets say a K&N replacement filter, stock exhaust, stock wheels & tires, and run a tune preprogrammed in edge, i would probably be just fine?
That was my exact logic when I bought the Edge awhile ago. I have not had any problems except for a recent bad O2 sensor. I have an Airaid Jr. drop in filter with a Maggie SI/SO catback with no problems to speak of.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
+1. I run a WIX HP drop in filter, the edge on level 2, and have nothing else done to the truck. The driveability is 10 times what it was when i bought it. From towing, to cruising, even getting up to speed or downshifting. Huge power gains, eh, probably not huge. But it DRIVES better, and more consistent on the hills. And thats all that matters to me. The best part is keeping an eye on that tranny fluid temp. Big deal when you haul crap a lot.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Arkas
For me this is how I look at this situation.
Every one who has trouble with their edge comes on here to figure out a solution to some sort of problem with their edge. Now, out of all the people who has an Edge, how many people who have no problems come on here and tell us about it?
Its kinda like comparing it to the Police/EMS/FireFighters.......They do good deeds all day long and never get recognized for these deeds, but as soon as they do something wrong or screw something up, the whole world knows about it and its broad casted everywhere.
See where I am coming from...

ok so according to your logic there is like no one with issues with troyer? because all of the troyer people do not have issues at all? so they have none to post. so they get bored and decide that they will just post how happy they are instead. RIGHT? lol i think you were stating something obvious. that was sort of like saying if i flip this quarter it will either land heads or tails. I think the main reason is people screwing around with things they don't know about. I don't know much about MAF counts or spark advance. thus i am not going to TRY adjusting it on my edge and just see what happens. Sct/custom tuning tries this for us without using our trucks as guinea pigs. I also think people do not understand what they are doing with the CAI's. Also edge lets the average Joe adjust way to many things. I am sure they are thinking of there old cars and how they could adjust things without major issues. these are computers. there is a reason why there are engineers.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Well I know I've had my edge for a wopping 4 days and the only problem i encountered was shifting 3-4 on the highway at WOT and this was day 1. The truck seemed to slam into gear like someone just learning how to drive stick. Before posting on here and bugging everyone though, I took it and updated it and it changed the whole feel of the truck all over again. Feels great now shifting very quick and firm and throttle response!!, never knew what i was missing until now. I have a magnaflow si/so and still no problems. I'll post in about 2 weeks and give my 2 cents on the cai once i get it and have it installed.

post some pics of the river too enjoying my other toy

Old 03-23-2008, 01:51 PM
isnt only the 04 models and up that have a problem with running lean with a cai and the edge

also how can i tell if its running lean

Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
well if it is running only slightly lean you would never know it without taking it and having it tested on a dyno. but if it is running dangerously lean it will throw a code and the check engine light should come on on the dask.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
the 16-1 was as close to dangerously lean as far as i'm concerned- this was on a bone stock 04 5.4-couldn't imagine what a cai with an edge would be reading

Old 03-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a 98 extended cab with a 4.6 with a K&N FIPK and a flowmaster SI/DO. I already crappy gas mileage compared to what some people on here are posting (about 10-11 city and 12-14 highway) AND I live in FLorida. Would an Edge be more harmful to my engine than helpful? Just curious considering there was discussion regarding bad gas mileage indicating a rich A/F mix.
Thanks

I also forgot that my truck has 285/75/16 tires vs. the stock 255/70/16...I guess that would explain my poor mileage

Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
and the flowmaster

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I see Edge problems galore!