F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Read This If You Have Custom Edge Issues !!!! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/303558-read-if-you-have-custom-edge-issues.html)

051fdrof 10-04-2007 02:20 PM

Read This If You Have Custom Edge Issues !!!!

The engineer at Edge, Bill Cohron, who wrote the F150 tunes, is investigating the problems that many of us are having with custom Evo tunes. He has identified the problem with the custom bin file I emailed him, but he now needs to figure out the cause.

In my case, I changed the 3-4 Standard Shift Point by a value of (-1) and the bin file shows it being set to zero, which causes my tranny to go into seizure mode (feels like slipping or stuttering). Others have had the same problem when changing tire size, while others claim that ANY parameter adjustment causes trouble. Please reply to this post with the following info in order to help Bill help us.

1) Your hex code [key off, unplug, key on, plug in, read screen]
2) The specifc parameter adjustment and the problem it caused

MGDfan 10-04-2007 02:32 PM

Oustanding.

I do have some questions, though.

Bill no longer works at Edge, as was mentioned earlier by EZRIDR.

Originally Posted by EZRIDR
:
Bad news is, he don't work for edge anymore...

You still refer to him as though he does.

Hence - this fix when available will be through <insert company name here>, not Edge products, correct?

Any idea as to the costs involved ( or just the fix), or is this data going to be used to refine the custom tuning being supplied by <insert company name here>?

In other words, will those with issues be able to apply JUST the fix, without purchasing custom tuning?

Thanks

:beers: bubba

051fdrof 10-04-2007 02:47 PM

All good questions, but we're getting ahead of ourselves...

Bill does not currently work for Edge. Bill is using his personal time to work on this - not DP's and not Edge's. I did not get any impression that DP will be invloved in this particular issue, in any way.

All he's trying to do right now is figure out why we're having problems. The cause of the problem will determine how it gets rectified. He doesnt know if it's firmware, a calibration file, the same issue causing multiple problems or multiple issues causing multiple problems.

I'm sure we'll know more when he gets the feedback he needs.

MGDfan 10-04-2007 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 051fdrof
All good questions, but we're getting ahead of ourselves...

Bill does not currently work for Edge. Bill is using his personal time to work on this - not DP's and not Edge's. I did not get any impression that DP will be invloved in this particular issue, in any way.

All he's trying to do right now is figure out why we're having problems. The cause of the problem will determine how it gets rectified. He doesnt know if it's firmware, a calibration file, the same issue causing multiple problems or multiple issues causing multiple problems.

I'm sure we'll know more when he gets the feedback he needs.

Thanks bud - that clarifies things for me. :thumbsup:

FWIW - while I don't normally advocate cross/multiple posting, I believe a fair number of Edge users in the 04+ forums don't visit this one much. So perhaps a heads-up over there would be appropriate, in this case?

051fdrof 10-04-2007 03:25 PM

Done

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...93#post2843093

whitecrystal1 10-04-2007 03:26 PM

I have sent my Edge in for a new screen so I'll have to post my Hex code when I get it back. That is if Bill needs my info. I don't have a problem in the custom setting that I'm aware of. I have a problem as many do with the shuddering in level three, custom or not. It is doing if around 50mph when light throttle is applied. It does it worse going over bumps.

Is he working this issue? Should I post my hex code? How about the info on the sticker of my Edge, is any of that going to be needed?

Thanks, I hope he can fix this as Edge doesn't seem to be concerned with it. Most of the guy's act like they never heard of this issue before. one of them told me level three wasn't intend to be run as a day to day tune :rolleyes:

Let me know if I need to post my Hex code

051fdrof 10-04-2007 03:32 PM

No way to tell if it's related or not, but I would say, yes. Post your hex and description when you get it back. Can't hurt.

ASEMechanic 10-04-2007 09:18 PM

Okay boys and girls, here's the dealio...

Yes, I am no longer employed at Edge Products. I left in June to seek other opportunities. However, since I have an intimate knowledge of how the Evolution works, I have agreed with Edge to maintain a level of technical support for the Evolution. I also feel that I owe it to the customers who have been suffering from various issues to help get them resolved. Now, on to the good stuff.

After talking with several customers, I believe I have isolated the issue relating to problems with the custom options. This specifically relates to changing 1 (or more) custom options and then having the truck either run poorly or not at all. I have been in contact with the Engineers at Edge and we are looking into a resolution. I should have more information tomorrow and will keep everyone up to date on what we find.

As for the 50-60 MPH stumble. I have been aware of this issue for some time and as of yet have not found a resolution. The biggest reason for not being able to resolve it is that I have not had a truck to look at that is exhibiting the problem. If there is anyone in the Commerce, GA area (Winder, Dacula, Lawrenceville, etc) who is having the problem and is willing to let me have a look at their truck for a few hours, it would really be helpful. The only other option is to find someone with about 8 hours to kill and e-mail calibrations until I find the problem and fix it. Obviously, I'd much rather have a local truck but I'll have to take what I can get.

I know it has been difficult (maybe an understatement) to get support from Edge on these issues and I won't go any further on that subject. However, I am more than happy to accept e-mails from any individuals who are having problems and will respond as quickly as I can.

Thanks for you patience and understanding. I know it is frustrating but we'll get it resolved.

Take care. :beers:

Bill

MGDfan 10-04-2007 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Okay boys and girls, here's the dealio...

Yes, I am no longer employed at Edge Products. I left in June to seek other opportunities. However, since I have an intimate knowledge of how the Evolution works, I have agreed with Edge to maintain a level of technical support for the Evolution. I also feel that I owe it to the customers who have been suffering from various issues to help get them resolved. Now, on to the good stuff.

After talking with several customers, I believe I have isolated the issue relating to problems with the custom options. This specifically relates to changing 1 (or more) custom options and then having the truck either run poorly or not at all. I have been in contact with the Engineers at Edge and we are looking into a resolution. I should have more information tomorrow and will keep everyone up to date on what we find.

As for the 50-60 MPH stumble. I have been aware of this issue for some time and as of yet have not found a resolution. The biggest reason for not being able to resolve it is that I have not had a truck to look at that is exhibiting the problem. If there is anyone in the Commerce, GA area (Winder, Dacula, Lawrenceville, etc) who is having the problem and is willing to let me have a look at their truck for a few hours, it would really be helpful. The only other option is to find someone with about 8 hours to kill and e-mail calibrations until I find the problem and fix it. Obviously, I'd much rather have a local truck but I'll have to take what I can get.

I know it has been difficult (maybe an understatement) to get support from Edge on these issues and I won't go any further on that subject. However, I am more than happy to accept e-mails from any individuals who are having problems and will respond as quickly as I can.

Thanks for you patience and understanding. I know it is frustrating but we'll get it resolved.

Take care. :beers:

Bill

You got Class, Bill. :thumbsup:

:beers: bubba

Stealth 10-04-2007 09:30 PM

The level 3 shudder with custom settings is the only issue I have. It keeps me from using level 3 at all. I don't know if that's the 50-60 MPH stumble you speak of, Bill. Thanks.

Hex RXCM5B6

transam396 10-05-2007 01:12 AM

Bill, I'm in Mcdonough Ga about a hour and a half south of winder.
I'm having a issue with trying to custom tune level 3,
It will allow me to change tire size, raise rev limiter,and change the governor.

But if I try to change ANY other parameter it goes nuts along the lines of losing ALL power at about 3500 rpm's and shakes and shimmies and spits and sputters, I have not tried to tune level 2.

Could possibly meet up with you on the weekend as I work 2nd shift here in ATL.

I would like to here any ideas you might have.

04 F150 laralit 5.4 Screw

Lyn

ASEMechanic 10-05-2007 07:23 AM

TA,

You've got mail.

Bill

hivoltagefx4 10-05-2007 08:44 AM

I don't have any issues with my Edge, but I'm happy to hear that Bill is kind enough to look into these issues for us members. I have never updated my Edge since I bought it for fear that I may start to run into problems. Anyway, thanks again Bill for your willingness to help out other members here. :thumbsup:

F150FXOnline 10-05-2007 09:21 AM

I don't have any issues with my Edge, but I'm happy to hear that Bill is kind enough to look into these issues for us members. I have never updated my Edge since I bought it for fear that I may start to run into problems. Anyway, thanks again Bill for your willingness to help out other members here
I AGREE!! :beers:

It seems to me EDGE knows about these problems and doesnt have the tech support anymore to fix them. Its like you buy one and hope it works on your truck if not they cant seem to fix them or trouble-shoot the issue because of lack of knowledge. I guess I should feel lucky my EDGE works great! But scared to even touch it or run any updates on it. ;)

Good Luck everyone and thanks Bill!!!

jonamond 10-05-2007 04:40 PM

The problem im having is I cant custom tune. If I do, when I start the engine, it revs to 2000 then just climbs higher and higher,, I just shut if off to avoid engine damage.

anyways thank you so much Bill for actually coming on here and giving us help with the problem:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: