Question about Troyer Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Troyer Performance

I not sure if i understand this correctly. Does Troyer just make their own programs for the leading programming manufacter"s or do they have their own "Troyer Performance" tuners.

I have heard alot of you guys talk about Troyer so i checked out their website, but i see everyone else's products too. (superchips, edge afe, af1,ect)

Just kinda confused if you guys could fill me in?

By the way ive got the superchips set on the highest setting(whatever its called), and the magnaflow sido(lightning style exit), and it runs very strong.

THX

Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
The Troyer Performance tunes you hear people raving about are using the SCT XCal2 with Custom tune(s) from Troyer installed onto the device.

Ryan

Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TP builds in-depth custom tunes specifically for your truck and your driving needs. Mike has specialized in tuning F150’s for 15 years and gets fantastic results that I personally can attest to

Old 07-28-2006, 07:28 PM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can attested to it too that Mike's tunes are awesome. He's been tuning my trucks for over 6 years.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DTRUCKU
I not sure if i understand this correctly. Does Troyer just make their own programs for the leading programming manufacter"s or do they have their own "Troyer Performance" tuners.

I have heard alot of you guys talk about Troyer so i checked out their website, but i see everyone else's products too. (superchips, edge afe, af1,ect)

Just kinda confused if you guys could fill me in?

By the way ive got the superchips set on the highest setting(whatever its called), and the magnaflow sido(lightning style exit), and it runs very strong.

THX
When you buy a tuner from TP, the actual "hardware" you get is not Troyer's. The brand is SCT... But the tunes themselves (the "software") are designed solely by Mike Troyer himself.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 PM
ditto that

Originally Posted by evo
I can attested to it too that Mike's tunes are awesome. He's been tuning my trucks for over 6 years.
ditto that!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
What Would The Price Range Be On The Sct Programmer With Troyer's Tunes On It? Do You Guys Think It Would Be Worth The Switch From My Superchips To His Set Up?

Old 07-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I've got a question for you guys as well. How does he get custom tunes for each truck? Do you have to get it dyno'd somewhere? Or is he profiding "custom" tunes just based on your setup? I.e. 5.4, with airraid and delta 40 exhaust, etc.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TP's in-depth custom tuning is optimal IMO

in-depth tuning

Old 07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
TP's in-depth custom tuning is optimal IMO

in-depth tuning

It's funny, I just noticed that I have been on this board 4 yrs longer than you yet you have over 4 times as many posts.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rowdy Moose
I've got a question for you guys as well. How does he get custom tunes for each truck? Do you have to get it dyno'd somewhere? Or is he profiding "custom" tunes just based on your setup? I.e. 5.4, with airraid and delta 40 exhaust, etc.

Thanks
He tunes your truck based on your set up, then you go to the dyno to see if you need to be tweeked

Old 07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
He tunes your truck based on your set up, then you go to the dyno to see if you need to be tweeked
So would it be better to get my "mods" done before getting any tunes? Or can they be exchanged/replaced by newer ones? I know you can download new tunes, but is that more expensive? Dont' have to lists prices as I know the Moderators dont like that...just curious in what order I want to go after my upgrades: Intake, exhaust, lift, tires (including a possible regear down the road), tunes, etc.

Thanks in advance guys! I love forums like this!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Troyer sells package deals on the web site I would get intake, exhaust along with the Xcal2 first, and you can adjust for bigger tires gears and all that stuff , as the tunes the Xcal2 comes with 3 tunes you want IE performance, towing, 87 performance theres lots to pick from

Last edited by FX4 Matt; 07-31-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Question about Troyer Performance