Hey Mike ....THANKS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mike ....THANKS

Mike,
Thanks for helping me out with the gas problem I had before my trip last Friday. I put the two cans of NOS in, switched to 92 Tow and off I went. My truck ran great. I also found what was making the low end growl under the hood. It was the air dam on the Airaid system. I pulled it out and insulated all the walls where they screw together with rubber tubing and I also put rubber bushings between the mounting bar where the whole system mounts to the truck body. I now have bearly a noise except when the system is sucking in alot of air when I punch it. Again thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to help me out.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahh,, so it WAS the vibration on the side of the air dam that was the cause of the noise, I thought so!

Good, I'm glad to hear that took care of it.

And while I hate to see any booster used, if you are in an absolute Jamel, you can use thew NOS-brand stuff just as I described in detail to you and get you thru a short-term scenario like that - glad to hear it all worked out.

And for everyone else reading this - no, I will NOT be giving advise on using octane boosters, so don't even think about asking - I helped ONE person get thru a true EMERGENCY situation!

Thanks for your post & have fun!!

Quick Reply: Hey Mike ....THANKS