2005 F150 Diagnostic Tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 F150 Diagnostic Tool

Does anyone know if there is a diagnostic tool on the market for a 2005 F150? I have a OBD-II reader for my 97 F150 but found out the 05s aren't OBD-II.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Matt

Old 06-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, there are of diagnostic tools for your F-150's - Just type in "CAN Diagnostics" into any Internet search engine & you'll find plenty of results.

By the way, your F-150 IS in fact OBD-II - but it is also "CAN," so you must have a diagnostic tool that is both OBD-II and CAN (Controller Area Network) capable.

What I recommend is to use AutoEnginuity, & we carry that product if you'd like to give us a call - it does require the use of a PC, so most people use it with a laptop. I do *not* recommend spending the money on a standalone CAN OBD-II diagnostic tool, as they are expensive and very limited compared to the vast array of features found in top-shelf PC-based packages.

Another option is to have us do a custom tune for your truck and provide it in the XCalibrator 2, which is also a diagnostic tool AND a high-speed datalogger, too - a fantastic tool. Not trying to play salesman here, just letting you know.

The bottom line is, you do have options for your new OBD-II CAN F-150 - and they are easily found via any Internet search engine.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 Diagnostic Tool