LOOKING FOR A COMPUTER CHIP FOR MY 94 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post LOOKING FOR A COMPUTER CHIP FOR MY 94 F-150

I HAVE A "94" F-150 302 5.0 v-8 WITH 3:55 REAR GEAR RATIO. I WAN'T TO KNOW WHAT CHIP WILL GIVE ME MORE HORSEPOWER ? I HAVE A KN AIR FILTER,I CHANGED THE CRANK PULLEY WITH A STOCK "88"GT CRANK PULLEY, AND ADVANCED THE TIMING SOMEWHAT, ALSO, HAVE A SHORT BELT WITH FLOWMASTER 2 INTO 1 EXHAUST WITH HOLLOWED OUT CATALITIC BAFFLE. DO I NEED TO PUT EVERYTHING BACK STOCK TO GET THE CHIP TO PROGRAM ITSELF PROPERLY TO MY APPLICATION? I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO EXTEND MY REV LIMITER A BIT MORE, AND MY PEEDO IS OFF BY LIKE 8 MPH , I DON'T KNOW IF THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE AFTER MARKET PACKAGE FROM MARKIII .MY TIRE SIZE IS 305/50/15. THE TRUCK IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH ONLY 51,000 ORIGINAL MILES.PLEASE WRITE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS. ANYONE WHO OWNS A FORD IS ALRIGHT IN MY BOOK, THANKS!!!

[This message has been edited by JPICO302 (edited 04-01-2001).]

Old 04-02-2001, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi JPICO302,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

Yes, we make Superchips for your 1994 F-150.

None of the modifications you listed there will require custom programming in the Superchip, with the sole exception of your static timing. With the Superchip is installed, you will need to set your timing back to it's factory spec of 10 degrees BTDC, as the Superchip will take care of advancing the timing automatically for you, and is designed to work with the timing set to the factory spec.

As long as you are not currently getting any check engine lights from the catalytic converter change you made, you're in good shape for the Superchip.

It's nice to see you've got a very low-mileage vehicle there.

One thing I wanted to point out to you about your speedometer error is that you can fix that pretty easily, you just need the correct reduction gear in the tailshaft of the transmission. And, some of those early to mid-90's F-150's have a programmable speedo cluster of the type that your dealership's service department can adjust (this does not apply to later models like '97 & up, just certain early 90's units), so the speedo can be recalibrated at the dealership on some of them. You;re right in that those much larger (taller, too) tires have thrown off the speedometer, most likely. This happens most of the time when you have one of those special aftermarket packages, they almost never think about re-calibrating the speedometer.

Overall, you have several different issues going on, so if you'd like to give us a call to go over all of this in detail, we'd be happy to speak with you & give you our suggestions and let you know what the Superchip can do for you. Just give us acall at our number listed below.

In the meantime, we hope you'll hang out with us here on F-150 Online in your spare time, it's a great place to hang out and learn about these vehicles!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 04-02-2001, 09:12 PM
HEY, MIKE, THANKS FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING NEWS ABOUT MY SPEEDO GEAR PROBLEM. I'M GOING TO CALL THE LOCAL DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED THE VEHICLE TO GET THEIR INPUT.I'M A NEW REGISTERED USER OF THIS SIGHT, BUT FROM READING THE MESSAGE BOARD I SEE THAT YOU ARE THE TO-GO GUY THAT KNOWS HIS SH_T. I'M GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU. I WILL BE CALLING YOU SOON, THE THING IS , WORKING LATE HAS DELAYED ME FROM CALLING SOONER. THANKS AGAIN, AND HOPE TO DO BUISNESS WITH YOU SOON.

Old 04-03-2001, 10:58 AM
Cool

JPICO302, welcome to the board !! You are right, Mike is the go-to guy for a chip. I installed one in my truck about 2 weeks ago and man the truck kicks now. Now mind you, mine is close to 5200 lbs topped up with fuel and me in it but it still gets up and goes when you drop the hammer. If you get a chance, there will be a F150online Rally soon. It would be a good place to meet a whole bunch of new people. Possibly the last weekend of July but Mike will make a hugh announcement once he has all of the logistics figured out. It is held in Norfolk, VA ... go see Events & Happenings and then "? for Mike" post. If everything works out, I hope to be there. Oh and another thing, leave your "caps" lock off. Here on the board that indicates that you are talk loudly or over expressing that particular part.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

------------------
1994 F-150 XLT Supercab, Long Box, 302 EFI, 3.55 LS, Superchip, K&N FIPK, Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs, Automatic, Single Catalytic converter, followed by a Raven Z-55 muffler and finished off with chrome tips (2 1/2" to 3"), Royal Blue in and out, Captain Chairs. Chrome Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 105S 235/75R15 (Summer), OEM Aluminum Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 108S (Winter), Lightly Tinted, Soft Tonneau Cover, Ford Receiver Hitch Cover & Lock, J&J Enterprises Stainless Steel AirDam with KC driving lights, Lund Supersteps, Lighted Grab Bars, VTech Slotted Taillight Covers, Alpine CDM-7829 Head Unit, PPI 4800 Amplifier, Kicker 10" Solo Baric Sub with Custom Box and Kicker Impulse 6.5 Mid & Tweets.

Old 04-03-2001, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi JPICO302,

Don't worry about timing, we're not in any rush, you can contact us anytime. I think we might have spoken today, in fact, I think that was you.

When we spoke on the phone today, I didn't realize at first that your truck was a pre-1999 model, as those are usually the people having the hardest times getting their speedometer recalibrated, and that's why I first said that your dealer probably couldn't do that. But you have an easier task in your 1994 of doing the speedo recalibration compared to the 1999 & newer F-150's. For some of those early 90's trucks a dealership can do that adjustment on the back of the speedo cluster itself, and then the rest have to do it the "traditional" route, which is to change to the appropriate reduction gear in the tailshaft of the transmission, a pretty easy job.

By the way, just so you'll know, I wanted to give you a little "tip" about posting messages anywhere online. When you type in all capital letters, it's considering SHOUTING in any online environment, it's also a little bit harder to read. No big deal, just thought you'd like to know...........

We're glad you found F-150 Online, & hope you'll continue to enjoy this site for many years to come!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 04-03-2001).]

Old 02-06-2018, 01:24 PM
what kind of super chip will i need to put on my 94 f150 302 4x4 5.0 efi? link would help allot

Old 02-06-2018, 02:51 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
This thread is 17 years old and Mike Troyer is no longer in business. Finding "chips" for pre-OBD2 vehicles is pretty difficult now.

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR A COMPUTER CHIP FOR MY 94 F-150