F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Obsequious Chipster! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/15303-obsequious-chipster.html)

TwistednRed 08-28-1999 12:17 AM

Obsequious Chipster!

Is it Moi or does the Superchips Pusher post all thoses replys so it appears that The chip is soooo great?

Sorry I Couldn't help Moiself......

Mark G 08-28-1999 01:08 AM

Could be...

But it appears that everyone who owns one has been extremely happy with them.

I'll let you know when I meet him at the Norfolk Rally next year.

Mark

------------------
'98 XLT 4.6 SC 4x2,
Black SB flareside,
ARE Tonneau,
Lined,
Tinted,
Deflected,
Mini-Disked,
Amped,
Subbed 2x12,
K&Ned,
B-B-B-M-F
Goin' thru tires fast.

Andthensometoo 08-28-1999 08:00 AM

Hey I'M DEFINATELY REAL!
The Superchip was my second performance mod right after the K&N. My husband saw the box it came in and almost had a fit unpon seeing the price untill I let him drive it (which is rare) I don't know if he was excited because I let him drive my truck or because of the chip, but he loved the "new balls." He should be used to that stuff by now, as I'm also the one who brings home the new power tools.

------------------
98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. CHIP K&N Airbox mod. Mobil One Oil
"Moonlight Blue"
Crome Rails (currently off to make room for)
New Fastback/spoiler
(above in shop, they lost the hardware. Gotta wait another week)
Lund Lighted visor
Lund Runninng Boards
"Andthensometoo" in silver letters 3" high on tailgate, Crome Taillight covers, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill
LOOK-OUT! Can't jump curbs anymore RB's make it look lowered!
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

[This message has been edited by Andthensometoo (edited 08-28-1999).]

spaceace 08-28-1999 08:19 AM

Just had to kick the sleeping tiger didn't you? This outta get good.....

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Todd Adams 08-28-1999 08:39 AM

Twistednred,

If you look a little closer you'll see that all the people who have the chip are the ones who have the most to say about it. Mike is always there to answer questions and just all around help others out. You may wish to reconsider your statement.

Oh yeah! Welcome aboard.

Todd

------------------
93 F-150 4x2, 4.9L, E-4OD, 3.08 rearend, 31x10.5 BFG A/T's, Skyjacker Softride Hydro Shocks,K&N Airfilter, Jacobs Electronics Plug Wires/Rotor/Cap. (Other mods: Undecided!)

cobra 08-28-1999 09:13 AM

Both the superchip and Mike T deliver what they promise. I had numerous questions for Mike before I bought my chip, and he answered every one. He has also helped me with some other items that aren't even associated with his product. More salesmen should be like Mike. He knows the product inside-out, and is always available by the phone or on this web site.

As for the chip, the performance upgrades are worth every cent. The only way to tell how much of a difference the chip makes is to install the chip, drive around for a few months, and then take it out. You'll notice the difference in a second. I'm one of the many owners on this site that have installed the chip, and love it. Chip = "Best Bang for the Buck"

------------------
97 F-150 4x4 SUPERCAB ORP, 4.6L AUTO,SUPERCHIP, K&N FILTER, ARE FIBERGLASS BED COVER WITH SPORT WING, BED RUG

Andthensometoo 08-28-1999 09:15 AM

Yeah, I've been known to kick a sleeping tiger or too.

chaplain 08-28-1999 11:11 AM

TwistednRed,
I Have owned at least 3 of the other major chip brands over the last several years and have been dissapointed in all until I tried the superchip by Superchips, not the other sound alike. I have had 2 good experiences with Superchips, one with the truck befor the blower and the other after and am very pleased with the results. One other point that is as important to me is the customer service and ATTITUDE of the people on the other end of the line and I can honestly say that Mike Troyer is a gentleman, he is very knowledgable and not out to get rich at our expense here on this board or anywhere else as near as I can tell (you might ask where the profits from the chips sold as a result of this board go, I hope I'm not out of bounds here!). Mike has listened and suggested that people do things that sent dollars somewhere else when if he just kept shut the dollars would have went in his pocket, he endorses good buy oppotunities when a member wants to sell their chip they no longer need. I have dealt with the main Superchip office and another distributor and they have all been friendly and helpful. I hope this helps you to understand that the reason the members here endorse Superchips and Mike. I can tell you another thing, if Mike and his product was not legitimate, he would not have been on this board as long as he has. It seems hype, hate and discontent don't last too long on this board THANK THE LORD!!!
Later and GOD BLESS!!!

------------------
Jim
Bright Red, 97 f-150 SC flareside,4x2,4.6,auto tranny, Mobil-1, Superchipped,Supercharged(Powerdyne), .999 tuned TPS, changed to 2 chamber Flowmaster 40 series with custom dual outlets at bumper, JBA headers, Hellwig swaybar, steel cowl induction hood(non-functional), Magnecor 8mm wires, Plat-4 plugs, , A.R.E. hard bedlid, Laverne nerf bars, American Racing 8x16 with 315-55-R16 B.F. Goodrich Sportruck TAs, 4.10:1 Precision Gears, ,Monro-Matic Plus shocks,soon coming 2500 stall convertor.

JohnB 08-28-1999 03:38 PM

Just got my SuperChip a week ago, I wouldn't trade it for anything......noticed a difference in the shift points right away, and when I "got on it" I Really noticed!!

forgeur 08-28-1999 08:43 PM

First off, talk about a subject just waiting a flame war.

Before purchasing my chip I was forced by my wife to do research about what types of performance gains would be gained by adding the chip. I asked the same question many times in many various way and always got the same straight answer from Mike and all the other superchip owners. After building all the information I needed, I presented it to my wife. The most convincing piece of information wasn't the performance benefits, it was the way mike was so knowledgible of his product and didn't make any false claims. Based on that, I felt I was getting the correct product for me and so did my wife (and after all she is the one I have to convice). She was so sold with the product, she bought it for me for my birthday.

Randy

------------------
'98 XLT SC, 4.2V6, 4spd Auto, SuperChip, BugflectorII, 50th Aniversery Flooor Mats, K&N Filter, Hard Tonneau Cover, Billet Grill and Insert, Sony CDX-6850 Head Unit, Soundstream Rubicon 405 Amp, JBL GTO 5x7's All 4 Doors, Qlogic 8" sub-enclosure with Kicker Punch XLC Woofer,SuperBrite Bulb Replacements...and More Mods to Come ( If the wife will just agree to them :) )

http://206.170.51.68/truck

Superchips_Distributor 08-30-1999 01:56 PM

Dear Space Ace,

Nah, I don't let posts like that bother me in the least, so I'm not going to respond to it, it looks to me like there have been enough responses from other F150online members. This is obviously someone who doesn't know me, our companies, or much about this message board, and it takes all kinds to make the world go around. https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

And to answer the questions about where the profits from these sales go, *all* profits are donated to charity. Specifically, they are donated to the National Chronic Pain Outreach Association, Inc. Thanks for pointing this out, Chaplain.

And thanks to everyone for your very kind words of support; for me, there is no greater reward than your positive thoughts, so I'm very grateful too all of you!

Our bests to all,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 08-30-1999).]

spaceace 08-30-1999 04:29 PM

Mike T.,
Great restraint!

If you can remember back that far, I kicked the same tiger.(topic:secret society-prices)

I hope that others will gain the same respect.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 08-30-1999).]

94 F-150 08-30-1999 05:58 PM

I'd hate to rain on your parade Mike, but...... I called Superchip in regards to my speed limiter. Their response was basically that they haven't found it yet! Since I have a unique computer code (POP2) mine was the only one that they had ever had to look in!
Other than that, the product does absolutely everything that it promises! I am very happy with the results that I've gotten and will continue to support you, Superchips, and this web site!

Neal Coppola

I probably shouldn't be driving 98 MPH anyway, right!? https://www.f150online.com/f150board/wink.gif

------------------
'94 F-150, 4.9 6cyl., K&N FIPK, Mangecor 8mm wires. Gibson 3" Side Swept, MSD Blaster Coil. Recently Superchipped! Stereo under construction, 2-10" Rockford Fosgate, 600 Watt Amp. Pioneer head unit, will sound great if it ever gets done! Est. 200 hp 300ft/lb. Torque! Not bad for a straight 6!! New project: '82 Stang, 351 Windsor. I'll keep ya posted.

rmarietta 08-31-1999 07:27 AM

You know TwistednRed, could be right on the money. That Pusher Guy is creating all these post! Thanks TwistednRed for pointing what everyone else missed! We're not not really here, IT'S JUST THE PUSHER! Steve (if you're really there and not the Pusher), you have to do something about this, before the whole planet becomes another reality. We're all doomed! But sinces we're not really here it dosen't matter.

------------------
'99 WHITE F150 XLT FlareSide SC 4.2 Auto 3.55, Superchip,
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, White Vtech Sidewinders,
'99 White Styleside Body Side Molding, K&N Air Filter
LOTTA SHOW and SOME GO

Superchips_Distributor 08-31-1999 01:34 PM

Dear Neal,

Doesn't burst my bubble! https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif That's the reason you had to send in your computer, because it had a code that they've never seen before, which was your POP2, in an older vehicle. The Ford CD-ROMs only include the codes from 96 & up for all FoMoCo models, and for some 95's, so there are still some codes from older vehicles that Superchips hasn't seen yet, that happens a few times every year. So for vehicles made before 1996, the way Superchips gets each code is for someone to bring that vehicle to their facility, and have the computer's eprom read, and then the program is developed. It's a *lot* easier on the newer vehicles, as they have all the factory codes on CD, which eliminates the need to send in the computer. In that situation, where an unfamiliar code shows up and they don't have access to the vehicle, then sometimes they won't be able to remove the top speed limiter. Normally, how that is done is to have the vehicle on the chassis dyno, with real-time gear in place intercepting signal changes, while a driver operates the vehicle at it's top speed on the dyno. However, the 4.9 six, while an engine that Superchips is familar with and offers programs for, they haven't seen a *lot* of them there at the facility; nothing like the number of V-8 F-150's, for example, so when an "oddball" code shows up in an older vehicle, (meaning pre-1995-96) and it's tables are different from any other codes for that same vehicle, this can happen, where they don't know where the top speed limiter is located in terms of memory address. Ford changes the location of the top speed limiter with almost every different code, and that's one of the problems. The vast majority are done no problem, but here and there, with vehicles that are generally "uncommon", meaning it's not a typical vehicle that they see a lot of examples from, sometimes they won't be able to find the top speed limiter without having access to the vehicle. If they could get access to the vehicle, they could have it done easily, but with an unfamiliar and different code, they do sometimes run into this. I've had it happen before. One nice thing is that if they ever do get access to a vehicle with that code on the dyno and get the TS limiter done, it's always a free upgrade to any existing owners of that code Superchip. So what I would suggest is to check back with them about every 90 days or so, to see if they have it done yet.

I personally don't believe in top speed limiters, so I don't have any problem with you driving 98 or more, as long as you don't hurt anyone of course! https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

Going for my umbrella,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 08-31-1999).]