F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Beat Again (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/15218-beat-again.html)

Beefy150 06-29-1999 04:12 PM

Beat Again

I bought a 99 F150 w/5.4L after trading in my Dodge after hearing good stuff about Ford. So, I bought the bigest, meanest, Ford I could find....now I get beat off the line, in passing gear, you name it, I get beat by the same Dodge in town, a 98 1500 with a 5.9 "RT" motor. I know its a 5.9 cause his custom graphic says so on the tailgate, that's all I ever see....what's up with Ford? I got the K&N, Superchip, Catback, etc...nothing...just get beat.

------------------
99 F150 Quad Cab 5.4L All the goodies

ccla 06-29-1999 04:15 PM

Get a supercharger. Then he'll see Tailpipes.

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55 Superchip, 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog lights, Kc Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3&1/2 Inch Fabtech Lift Kit, 16x8 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 33's

fast46triton 06-29-1999 04:41 PM

Please take the "quad cab" off your signature! It makes your truck sound like a dodge, and your truck is way better than a dodge. Anyways, that Dodge is probably supercharged.

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT 4x2, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter, soon Superchip and K&N GEN II.

Fast46Triton

The Terminator!

fast46triton 06-29-1999 04:43 PM

Is your truck a 4x4, Beefy? The dodge?
Well, put it this way, Ive beaten Dodge 5.9's off the line before. IF you cant, check the emergency brake!

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT 4x2, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter, soon Superchip and K&N GEN II.

Fast46Triton

The Terminator!

Bill Murray 06-29-1999 05:03 PM

Beefy;Fast46Triton

Triton beat me to it.
If you have a quad cab, I read that as a 4 door work truck as opposed to a Supercab, which could be reasonably compared to the Dodge. If you have the full 4 door truck, do as someone said at the beginning of this thing, get a blower I guess.

By the way, I posted somewhere else an episode with a '98 Grand Cherokee V-8.
I'm not real familiar with current DC engine combos, but I think the Jeep only has the 5.2 (?) V-8, not the 5.9.

In any case, that thing just flat scooted; no wheelspin at all and it was pulling me by a lot before I got it together. I would say he pulled me most way through Ist gear (I did do the smoke thing, as I was caught by surprise). After that, all was ok, but what a nightmare it was for the first 1.5-2 seconds.

------------------

Bill Murray
60 going on 17 w/my:
99.5 White Lightning
Bone Stock for now.
Stay tuned.

Tina 06-29-1999 05:31 PM

Beefy: I too am wondering what a quad-cab is??? Interesting choice of words but what is it really https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif On the other hand, it really makes your truck sound Hefty (or is that Beefy?)!! One ? How far did you race the Dodge? A lot of times, once these monsters do get moving, then all the mods start showing what they are capable of.

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 Flairside 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers & Clarion APA5240amp, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing

NSS 06-29-1999 05:47 PM

I am suprised that you can not beat that Ram. Even though it sucks you can't beat him, you can still be proud of your Ford when his truck is at the service department every month. I owned a 99 Ram for a little over a month, my Ram was in the service dept. within a week, and then in and out for the next month. Dodge could never fix a thing either. I am so much happier now that I own a F-150.

------------------
'99 F-150 XLT SC 4x4 5.4L Auto 3.55LS Tow pkg skid plates , Superchip, Gibson cat-back, K&N filter w/ airbox mods

Beefy150 06-29-1999 06:51 PM

Yeah,Yeah, I used to own a Dodge Quad Cab...I fixed the profile.

Actually I know the guy with the Dodge. The mods he has are similar to mine, he has a K&N Filter Kit, Force 2 Flowmaster, Superchip of somesort. By the way, both are 2WD. (Maybe a little defense on Dodge) But my Dodge was very loyal, it just got old (250K miles) not in the shop alot. My new truck (and I love it) has spent some time at the dealer getting the bugs out, but that seems to be behind me now, I just wish that Dodge was behind me!

------------------
99 F150 Ext Cab 5.4L All the goodies

MRBBQMAN 06-29-1999 07:17 PM

Beefy150, i have a ram & a lightning, you probably do not want to get in a modification war with a dodge 360 engine, if you drove one for 250k you know there are about a dozen things he can buy for his engine that you can not.

Bill, the grand cherokee was available with the 5.9L (360) all wheel drive and it will flat jump off the line.

Bill Murray 06-29-1999 09:53 PM

MRBBQMAN:

Not to beat this to death, as I know you are a very savvy guy when it comes to Chrysler product, but thank you!

I actually found the Cherokee today in my shopping center parking lot. Tho owner was not to be seen, but it obviously had an exhaust system and several aftermarket decals on the side window that I missed in our little encounter. I can understand to a degree how he pulled me for the first couple of seconds.

Bit of history: I was a San Diego Police officer in 1961/1962, and we ran mostly Fords. Chrysler "loaned" us a couple of cars with, I believe 318 cu inch V-8s, they were Dodge's, and they were so quick that they blanked out Ist gear on the dashboard pushbutton shift mechanism due to excessive wheelspin. They were equipped with Michelin X tires, a first for Police Departments in CA.

As a rookie, I was one of those assigned to "test" the cars as the then Police Chief was in cahoots with the local Ford dealers and didn't want to know about Dodges. All of my rave notices went for nothing, as well as 3 or 4 other junior officers opinions, and Ford won the contract again in 1963.

To make you feel a bit better, the California Highway Patrol converted to almost 100% Dodges and Chryslers in 1963 and continued with them well into the 1980"s.

Love my Ford, but respect the heck out of those Mopars!!

------------------

Bill Murray
60 going on 17 w/my:
99.5 White Lightning
Bone Stock for now.
Stay tuned.

Ford man 06-30-1999 01:56 AM

this post intentionally left blank

[This message has been edited by Ford man (edited 11-14-1999).]

CAF150 06-30-1999 03:34 AM

Beefy,

As far as that Dodge Ram R/T with a 5.9 that keeps beating you, i believe that's a regular cab opposed to your Supercab, at least here in California, the only Dodge R/T trucks i see are regular cabs. In any case you are kinda in a disadvantage as far racing him, because first of all your much heavier than he is and the rear end on those RT's are made for that purpose!!! (scootin) let alone whatever mods he's done to his truck!! (So he say's). But in defense of our Ford trucks, i have a 97 F-150 Supercab with a 5.4 and a few mods done to it and i've yet to get beat by a Dodge Extra cab with a 5.9 or a Shovie Extra cab. I spank em off the line,passing gear,top end, you name it!! I've lost only to one truck, guess what truck that is...............you guessed it!! another
97 F-150 with a 5.4 but "Supercharged" and i know the guy. But thats ok, i intend to even the playing field next month when i install my "Paxton supercharger" on my truck. So don't get discouraged by gettin beat by that Dodge R/T his day will come when a blue oval will repay him with the same gratitude that he's shown you!!!

97 F-150:
5.4 with Jet chip for the engine & tranny, Jardine catback exhaust,k&n,maf, Momo vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 X 45 X ZR18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension & Bilstein shocks. Boston Acoustics Pro series custom sound system, dual amplifiers, Mckintosh head unit and 6 disc changer, white face gauges. Future mods: PAXTON SUPERCHARGER

Beefy150 06-30-1999 02:54 PM

Yep, the R/T is a Reg Cab. Whatever he's got, its very fast. I don't remember hearing of a R/T version in the Full Size Dodge Truck, is that new for 99? There is the Dakota 5.9 R/T (pretty quick too), but when I was shopping, there was only a 5.9 Sport in the full size and the S/ST wasn't even being offered in 99....hmmmm need to ask him what gives if I can catch up to him!

Beefy150 07-01-1999 11:08 AM

Spoke with the RT guy yesterday....Has anyone heard of **** Landy Industries? From what I gather, he's an old time salt flats racer that specialized in Mopar Racing Engines....Well this RT has a motor "built" by **** Landy. 725HP!

Stay away from him...its a Red Reg Cab 1500 Dodge Ram with white rallye stripes going from the bottom of the front air dam and ends at the bottom of the tailgate....graphics in the back say 5.9 RT. You'll find it in the Northridge to Simi Valley area (California)

Beefy150 07-01-1999 05:30 PM

Triton:

Yeah, I'm a somewhat loyal guy to whatever treats me right. I'm loyal to Mopar because my Ram treated me well....I'll be loyal to my Ford if (and when) it treats me well.

I'm no "hater" of anything, just like to compare notes and such....may the best man (or woman) win.

Just stay away from that RT in Simi Valley...

------------------
99 F150 Super Cab 5.4L All the goodies