F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Does Anyone Know If There Are Stake Pockets In The Flareside? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing/50752-does-anyone-know-if-there-stake-pockets-flareside.html)

Bill Voyles 09-13-2001 02:23 AM

Does Anyone Know If There Are Stake Pockets In The Flareside?

I need to mount a front canoe rack in my front stake pockets.

The flaresides of my bed are covered with those plastic pieces that I think are just fastened down with double-sided tape. But, I don't know how to get them up to look underneath to see if there are actually stake pockets in the bed. I need to fasten a canoe rack in the front stake pockets.

Unfortunately, there is a fancy bed liner screwed into my bed or I could probably reach up under the rails to see. Guess I'll just have to remove the bedliner and take a look-see.

I just wondered if anyone knows if it has stake pockets?

BlueFlareside 09-13-2001 07:39 AM

From what have heard and seen there are no stake holes because the outer spanels of the bed are made of a composite material. Even before my bedliner wasinstalled I could not see any stake pockets.

GIJoeCam 09-13-2001 10:44 PM

Correct. The flaresides do not have stake pockets.

Don't know how to help ya'.

-Joe-

MisterP 09-14-2001 02:09 AM

There are no stake pockets. The bed of the Flairside is constructed of fiberglass except for the interior of the bed.

logical 09-14-2001 07:56 AM

The lack of stake pockets is unrelated to the bodyside outer panels being composite.

Well, not totally unrelated...but what I mean is that it is absolutely feasible to have stake pockets in a bed with composite outer panels. The structure for the pockets is underneath and is (can be) steel regardless of the outer panel material.

The main reason is that 99% if flareside owners wouldn't want or use stakepockets. It isn't exactly the first choice of the contractor crowd.

Bill Voyles 09-16-2001 01:52 AM

Thanks Guys....

But I'm still not sure if there are stake pockets or not on my flareside. I would think that FORD would put stake pockets in the flareside for fleet utility trucks the PUD use.

Guess there is only one way to find out and that's to unscrew all the screws, yard my bed liner out, and have a look-see.

logical 09-17-2001 12:36 AM

You asked if there were stake pockets....we all said no there are not.....why are you still unsure?

If you were not going to believe us, why did you ask?

BlueFlareside 09-17-2001 09:24 AM

Bill Voyles,

I can say with about 99.99% certainty that there are no stake pockets. I have a bedliner now but when I did not have one I looked for them and they are not there.

What do you need them for anyways?

2000Lariat 09-17-2001 01:12 PM

No stake pockets!!

I am 100% sure there are no stake pockets on a Flareside. When I did my Herculiner I removed the black plastic bed rail covers and there are no pockets. The covers are held on with clips that are part of the cover, just take some pliers and squeeze them together and the rails will come right off.

(edited for typo):o