What happened to Care & Detailing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the new site the one Rolling Rock used to speak of? Could somebody PM me the web page please?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone PM the site too please?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Is the new site the one Rolling Rock used to speak of? Could somebody PM me the web page please?
Originally Posted by Chris's FX4
Can someone PM the site too please?
PM's sent.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Yes

Originally Posted by tg150
PM's sent.
Thanks, I have been getting a lot of pm's about this. The site requires you to be invited to the site. I am not a member, so I can't do that.

Mods, is it against the rules to post the link here? I know I got in trouble years ago posting a competing site on here.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Suspended

Last edited by 26point2; 03-29-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Registration has been opened back up with Mod approval...the reason...spamers.

Cheers

RR

Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by 26point2
I tried to register, but one of verification questions was "Pick one....would you drive a Yugo or a Ferarri?"

I picked Yugo and I was told my answer was wrong. Am I missing something? Is there a right answer? I believe this question is one big opinion. I mean the Yugo would be a challenge drive...and I've heard they are very sought after on the resale market. They are cheap to maintain. Unlike the Ferarri.

Either way, most of the forum sections have not been active since 2012 or 2013.

I think I'll stick w/Autogeek...much more active.
You are so right, the Cafe isn't for everyone. It's for folks who are serious about taking care of their investment by learning from very skilled professionals who donate countless hours of their time to share their knowledge and experience on vast amounts of products and problems.

The intent of the Cafe is to provide a much more detailed site...true a lot of our "stickies" and "how-to's" are old..but the topics they cover are valid. If you took more than 5 min to look into the site you will see that the members are very active on a wide range of topics and detailing and like most other sites, the Cafe also offers other topic areas outside of detailing.

Autogeek is also great place for information. Many of the Cafe members frequent the site as well.

Last edited by RollingRock; 03-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Last edited by 26point2; 03-29-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:25 PM
That's nice...so because I couldn't register, and I wanted an active site then it's not for me? Or because I couldn't register, and I wanted an active site then I'm not someone who is serious about detailing?

If I took more than 5 min to look at the site? I've been looking at it for a couple of months now trying to register so I could contribute...I was turned on to it shortly after I created this thread. But every time I tried to register I was told "Registration is closed...please try again later". I was told PM RollingRock, and try to get in that way...that might work if you accepted PM's (which is why I'm posting all this here instead of PM'ing you like I wanted).

Good luck with "the Cafe"...I'm sure it will be everything you want it to be.
I wasn't aware I didn't accept PM's here. I don't frequent this site.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, we've managed to go 7 years now.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I wasn't aware I didn't accept PM's here. I don't frequent this site.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, we've managed to go 7 years now.
I need to pop in over there soon. Just been too busy. I've learned so much from these guys. Some of you should take the time to read the writeups. The one that has stuck with me for a long time now was a Lexus RR was asked to detail. Dealership kept messing it up and it took even Jason a while to nail it. Lady was unreal picky haha. Right combo of pads, product, skill etc... not some blue coral, armorall and black magic crap

Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
esf
The Cafe may not be the busiest of sites but what you get are true enthusiasts that really know their stuff and take pride in helping one another. If you spend enough time there the members become almost like family. You may even get calls in the middle of the night... not that this ever happens... right RR? Haha. The knowledge extends beyond the car world as well. There are a lot of well rounded members that are in to many different things.
Unfortunately, spammers and bots had become a big problem and membership had to be closed temporarily. It is opened back up now. Hopefully as we leave winter behind us and enter in to spring things will pick up a bit. I know I personally can't wait to get at my truck properly again. Its been a long winter here in eastern PA.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's nice...so because I couldn't register, and I wanted an active site then it's not for me? Or because I couldn't register, and I wanted an active site then I'm not someone who is serious about detailing?

If I took more than 5 min to look at the site? I've been looking at it for a couple of months now trying to register so I could contribute...I was turned on to it shortly after I created this thread. But every time I tried to register I was told "Registration is closed...please try again later". I was told PM RollingRock, and try to get in that way...that might work if you accepted PM's (which is why I'm posting all this here instead of PM'ing you like I wanted).

Good luck with "the Cafe"...I'm sure it will be everything you want it to be.
One wonders why some of us left?

Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
One wonders why some of us left?
Funny part, looking for a site to get away from the ads, the suggestion is to go to the site that fills this sub forum with ads.

Quick Reply: What happened to Care & Detailing???