Meg's Black Wax

Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meg's Black Wax

Anyone tried this one yet, still fairly new. Said to have more polishing oils in for darker paint, the white wax has more cut for lighter colors.

I've always found waxes for certain colors to be more of gimic for the general masses.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is an example of why I do not care for Megs anymore, they turned into a marketing company years ago with anything but the professional line. Some of the pro line stuff does not impress me either.

This is an all in one not a wax.

The white is more so a cleaner wax, not cut ( that would be compound ).
The black is a AIO polish - wax and if it is anything like the other Megs AIO, don't bother. If you want a good all in one, try the PB or Optimum line.
- Keep in mind, AIO are a compromised product, polishing and waxing at the same time will not produce the same finish as polishing then waxing. They are a time to finish product, where quick results ( not best ) are what is needed.

As for wax made for colors, that really is a marketing term made for the masses, as terms like pop / bright vs wet /depth mean nothing to the masses.
There are waxes made to produce a look to the finish, which could meant for specific colors.
PB has 2 hand waxes, one is for more pop ( no depth ) the other is more of a deep wet look, which would lead one to light & dark colors.
If you use the one for pop on dark color paint, it looks great, but the paint looks like it is 2mm deep.

I would not bother, but that is my general opinion about the non professional Meg's line, and even to the professional line many companies like Poorboys make better products for the same or less money, they just don't sell at Walmart / Autozone.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's like watching an infomercial, you know...KNOW that's it too good to be true, but that little guy in your head says, c'mon you spent $10 on dozens of other bottles so why not...

I've been sticking to the same stuff I've been using for years, it works for me. But there's always this "what if I'm missing something better?"

So it seems this is just another version of Color X with some new selling points, I'll just stick with what I have until it runs out.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sure, infomerical, reminded you of nuFinish the once a year car polish ?
- we did half this car, and then ran it through 100 car washes...

Don't know if I would call it color-x, the white is a cleaner wax and the black is an AIO, maybe minus the glaze.
- Hard to tell with Meg's anymore, they are as vague as Chemical guys with the marketing terms they use to push products, the black could have glaze in it, that is what they might mean by "oils".

If you are going to try something new ( to replace what you are happy with) , make it something a serious DIY'r / pro would use ( Poorboys, Optimum, Menz ).

Those dozens of other bottles that cost 10.00 add up to some serious coin. I know I have done it myself, and with stuff that was more than 10.00 per bottle.

My rule of thumb, if it is too good to be true or comes in a package kit with "easy to follow directions", it is not something that I am going to be happy with.

If you are looking to experiment away from std wax, look to a synthetic sealant or a perm paint coatings, other wise it will just be a different version of what you have at best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meg's Black Wax