Single Stage Paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Stage Paint

Did a small test area on my dad's '92 F150 last night with PB SSR2.5 and a LC CCS orange hand application pad. Ended up with brown on the pad and the cloth but did a real nice job getting rid of the oxidation. Was wondering what the best method for dealing with this type of paint job. How much does this change how I use the PC, pads, products, etc.? All suggestion greatly appreciated. Pics can be emailed if necessary. Thanks, Dennis

Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Doesn't change the process at all really. It just means that making sure a coat of wax is on the paint is very important because once that protection is gone, it's going to start oxidizing again. When you perform the detailing process on a clear coated car, you are still removing paint...it's just clear, so you don't "see" it.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Should I still polish & seal before appling wax? Was also going to try SSR1 to see how much of a difference there would be removing the oxidation.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by B&WScrew
Should I still polish & seal before appling wax? Was also going to try SSR1 to see how much of a difference there would be removing the oxidation.
Those are still optional steps, however, on single stage paint, using a pure polish has a much greater effect than on a BC/CC. I'd say a polish would be worth it. A sealant? Does the same thing as a wax...your call.

Quick Reply: Single Stage Paint