Need to do 3 three things but I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to do 3 three things but I need your help

1. How do I remove gum from the carpet? a buddy of mine has gum on this passenger side carpet

2. what is the best way to remove the registration sticker from your license plate to install the new one without damaging the plate

3. what the best way to remove the water running lines from the side of a trailer after it has sat outside for 2-3 months.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
1. They make a product that you spray on the gum and it will dry it out and crumble then you can just vaccum it up but for the life of me I cant remeber the name of it.

2. Just a butane cigarette lighter will work. Take the plate off and heat the back side of it until the sticker will peal off easily.

3. Dont know but I would ask the place you bought your trailer maybe they can recomend something.

Edit: here is the gum remover I was thinking of.
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/802.html

Last edited by dsq3973; 03-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
esf
Originally Posted by pmason718
3. what the best way to remove the water running lines from the side of a trailer after it has sat outside for 2-3 months.
Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream or Optimum Poli-Seal both work fantastic for this with a DA or Rotary.

Ignore the clean panels in this first picture as they're brand new. It was cheaper to just replace them than spend the time to remove the old logo to prepare for the new one.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
ESF

Mines is not that bad (which isn't bad) but what would be your method for this. Would you WASH, CLAY, D151, then WAX or something else. Also before I order this from ADS is there anything else that you think I might be able to use b/c I have a few things lying around. I know 105 & 205 may be a little bit too much. If I remember correctly, last year after I washed and clayed it, I applied wax using my G110 and I think this may have take them out but I don't remember. If you highly recommend D151 I have no problem ordering it.

Last edited by pmason718; 03-16-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
esf
I try to use something that isn't very abrasive at all but more along the lines of a cleaner. The paint on trailers like this is incredibly thin. Atleast in my experience. D151 has very minimal correcting ability but cleans very well and leaves behind some protection as well. I've tried other polishes and they just didn't work as well as D151 or Poli-Seal. That's not to say there aren't any. Experiment. See what works best for you. Some other things I tried are APC+ and clay. The clay was slow going. The APC+ worked but took some real rubbing and didn't get it as clean as D151 or Poli-Seal. If I remember correctly, Nxt 2.0 has cleaners. That may work. Maybe do a sample area and see how it works.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
1. They make a product that you spray on the gum and it will dry it out and crumble then you can just vaccum it up but for the life of me I cant remeber the name of it.

2. Just a butane cigarette lighter will work. Take the plate off and heat the back side of it until the sticker will peal off easily.

3. Dont know but I would ask the place you bought your trailer maybe they can recomend something.

Edit: here is the gum remover I was thinking of.
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/802.html
and with my luck ADS is out of stock, lol. I will give Rick a call tomorrow

Originally Posted by esf
I try to use something that isn't very abrasive at all but more along the lines of a cleaner. The paint on trailers like this is incredibly thin. Atleast in my experience. D151 has very minimal correcting ability but cleans very well and leaves behind some protection as well. I've tried other polishes and they just didn't work as well as D151 or Poli-Seal. That's not to say there aren't any. Experiment. See what works best for you. Some other things I tried are APC+ and clay. The clay was slow going. The APC+ worked but took some real rubbing and didn't get it as clean as D151 or Poli-Seal. If I remember correctly, Nxt 2.0 has cleaners. That may work. Maybe do a sample area and see how it works.
I will do. Like I was saying before I think I used my G110 after claying and applied NXT 2.0 and this did the job but I'm going to give the D151 a try after I'm done with it I will apply NXT 2.0. In this case which pad would you experiment with first a Megs yellow or black pad when applying the D151

Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
esf
I don't have any experience with Meg's pads. I use LC pads. I would use either a white or a black LC pad. So anyone with experience with both brands may be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
ok thanks

Quick Reply: Need to do 3 three things but I need your help