HELP..... getting water spots on Black truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP..... getting water spots on Black truck

I have an 08 that is black. I wash and wax it, but dont wax as often as I should. I recently used a clay bar on the entire truck and still have water spots. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
esf
A lot of people battle water spots. The first thing you want to do is avoid them the best you can and that comes with properly drying the vehicle. There's nothing you can do if it rains on it though. If you already have spots there are products you can try. There have also been cases where water spots were so bad that wet sanding was needed. If it was me, I would first start with something like Poorboy's Professional Polish. It's a versatile polish that is pad dependant. Speaking of pad dependant, do you have a buffer and pads or do you do everything by hand?

Old 10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
X2 on the polishing compound. Another point you can try is just take the nozzle off the hose and use the steady stream of water. This will give a sheeting action across the paint so that there is less spotting.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Also...

It's always easier to prevent and catch them quickly than to go back and fix that problem on black paint. When you get difficult water spots in the first place it's a sign that your LSP and or washing schedule is not adequate which you have already acknowledged.

There is a big difference between just water spots and etching. I had to go as strong as M105 and a cutting pad on my 2004 F150 black paint but once I got a good clean surface and proper wax combinations I never had the problems with water or bird crap sticking or etching my paint again.
If your paint is etched nothing short of wet sanding is going to help and even that will depend on how deep the etching is.

Good luck.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I talked to a detailer yesterday who just ran into this same problem but the black truck was sitting by a sprinkler that had hard water and the truck sat for a few weeks. He said that he used Danase Water Spot Remover and it worked great.
http://driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37565

Last edited by 05supercrew; 10-08-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP..... getting water spots on Black truck