What's the best Car care cleaning Supplies out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the best Car care cleaning Supplies out there?

hey guys, I'm on the search for the perfect car care cleaning supplies I see people talking about ZAINO, i looked it up online and was wondering how well does it work. How about Mothers, Meguiars, Turtle Wax, What do you think. I'm in Miami and i've tried alot of Waxes and Cleaners and wheel shines, the girl at PepBoys makes fun of me and always asks me if I plan on trying all the waxes. I currently use the meguiars gold class wash, gold class wax, stoner wheel shine, no rim cleaner( I had a bad experience when i bought my first pair of chrome Rims they were 18" and cost $2200 back in 1997 when the 20" were just coming out i used a degreaser and mess up the shine ever since then i use just soap and water and some elbow grease.) I have my factory 20" rims so try to keep them clean. I like to use the Eagle Wax-as-you dry in between waxes, I think it helps. and i use the meguiars leather conditioner for the inside.

what do you guys recommend. what about Tools for a complete kit. Where's the best place to buy online or at the store

thanks for whatever input you might have.

H.Fox

Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You are going to get almost as many different opinions as there are members here! You are also going to get several different recommendations for online vendors.

My personal preference is Meguiars products, and my vendor of choice is Autodetailingsolutions.net.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
The fast answer is the polishes you like best are the perfect ones.

It's a very personal choice.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I would agree with what glc posted in another thread.... that it's not such the products but rather how they are used. That fits perfectly with your post here.

While some products are better then others, it's more important to know how to use them and when to use them. For example, the best wax is not going to work very well unless the paint is prep'ed correctly. You may need to clay the paint so that the wax adheres correctly. Layering a wax over a polish may improve the shine. Using a wax/polish based on the color of the vehicle may also yield better results.

The best way to get this information... read forums like this as well as others. Use what other people know in order to increase your learning curve.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Also...

The best products for a white or light vehicle may not work very well for a black or dark vehicle and interior products for a semi working vehicle may be overkill for a weekend driver.

I have tried many products but on this F-150 forum you will get the best advice on Meguiars and Poorboys products...Some here are loyal to the Adams Line and im partial to Optimum and Meguiars somewhat.
If you are going to get serious, moving from Meguiars consumer line to the Professional Detailer products is an option.
If you visit other Detailing sites they will all have their own preferences and many products have sites of their own also.

If you find things you really like the results of, you will use them often and thats a good thing for your vehicle if you use them properly....
Good luck!
The rabbit hole is deep.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always liked Meguiars the best. I've tried Mothers and Turtle Wax. Mothers is OK but Turtle Wax is great for seeing how far you can throw something IMO. I've always seemed to get a better shine and longer lasting protection from Meguiars.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
It also depends whether you work by hand or with a machine - and which machine.

Quick Reply: What's the best Car care cleaning Supplies out there?