RANT: Another Professional Detailer- Takes the $ and Runs!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhere out here......

Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by FX41
I wonder where she is from?

hehehehe.....good question.......
THE DETAILER BITCH FROM HELL ?!?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tcope
Here is my take on this... and just from reading forums like this one for a few years and owning a DA for about a month now....

You get what you pay for and $70 is not a lot of money. The problem started with the owner of the vehicle asking for some generic service. The problem became worse when the detailer quoted a price, to include some type of detail work, without looking at the car. A simple wash and wax could be quoted sight unseen but if any detail work is to be expected, the detailer really needs to see the car.

The problem was also made worse when the detailer was not completely clear on what was going to be done. IMHO, all detailer should do as most other service industries do and have the owner review and sign an estimate. That way they both know what is going on.

So I place some blame on both parties... your friend asked for a very general service and may not have been clear on what he wanted. Also, $70 is not going to get much more then a wash and simply wax. But I place more blame on the detailing company as they are in the business and should know that they need to be clear about what they are doing. They should also be inspecting the vehicle if there is a request for any type of paint correction. Lastly, a wash and spray wax for $70 is a little much IMHO.

Personally, if i was going to do paint correction on a vehicle I'd want to clay the paint first to make sure it's as smooth and clean as possible for the polish being used.
Just an fyi, He did show her all of the places that had contamination and scuff marks, asked if they could be removed/fixed, she stated yes then she gave him the price.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 PM
a happy customer tells one person .. an unhappy tells ten ..

The kid needs to tell everyone in the office, and everyone he sees in that building how dishonest she is. Put a big dent in her business. and let her know why it is occurring.

does he have a receipt from her, so he can prove she worked on the car?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

that is a really crappy situation. i agree tell everyone at the office.

it kind of makes me think of that spray can stuff they peddle at gas stations where you spray it on then wipe it off. (what a joke)

unless i took the truck to a pro that had been referred to me by someone i know id just stick to doing it myself. its cheaper and the only way i can get screwed is if i get lazy

Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Whats sad is that there is probably a number of people in that building that thinks she does a good job. And its convienent as hell having someone clean your car while your working. Believe it or not there are people that dont put the time into their car like most of us lol.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Whats sad is that there is probably a number of people in that building that thinks she does a good job. And its convienent as hell having someone clean your car while your working. Believe it or not there are people that dont put the time into their car like most of us lol.
I had a deal going like that. I was making 3-400 profit in one day from one office building on my day off. I got there around 7 was out by 3 doing 3 or 4 cars a day. Then one person with a old bmw wanted perfection for $100. (Hard water spots on glass, paint, he wanted compound, the works). I poliletly gave him my card and told him it was going to cost alot more than $100 and that i would give him the express deal i had been giving everyone. I told him what wasn't going to come out, what to expect, etc. I gave him exactly what i told him i was going to. Evidently that wasn't good enough for $100 and he bad mouth me to the whole office complex as far as i know. Oddly I haven't got a call from there since

It just shows, one person can bring everything down

Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by 1badstx
I had a deal going like that. I was making 3-400 profit in one day from one office building on my day off. I got there around 7 was out by 3 doing 3 or 4 cars a day. Then one person with a old bmw wanted perfection for $100. (Hard water spots on glass, paint, he wanted compound, the works). I poliletly gave him my card and told him it was going to cost alot more than $100 and that i would give him the express deal i had been giving everyone. I told him what wasn't going to come out, what to expect, etc. I gave him exactly what i told him i was going to. Evidently that wasn't good enough for $100 and he bad mouth me to the whole office complex as far as i know. Oddly I haven't got a call from there since

It just shows, one person can bring everything down
That sux, but thats what im talking about.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Honda has atleast 2 color paints that dont have clear coats (red and white) may be they think clay will damage the paint or dull the paint.
You just confirmed my suspicisions. My wife's white 03 Accord has always had a very crappy feel and look to the paint and I thought it didn't have a clearcoat. I always thought the last owner did a quick respray before they traded it in and didn't get it cleared. Another reason I want to get rid of that car.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by silver diver
You just confirmed my suspicisions. My wife's white 03 Accord has always had a very crappy feel and look to the paint and I thought it didn't have a clearcoat. I always thought the last owner did a quick respray before they traded it in and didn't get it cleared. Another reason I want to get rid of that car.
If your applicator turns white when rubbing its not CC

Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would post fliers about that service and the name of the young lady any place that I could... Maybe that's why I don't live in L.A. any more...

Old 08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by bfdtpkt
NO SHE DIDN'T !!!

Sorry guys, but the DETAILER is at fault here.....when she saw the mess she should have quoted him a price to correct the problem, NOT wax a filthy car!

As somebody previously said, I would speak to bldg administrators, post NOTICES in the elevator or hallways, ask to see her license, AND call CODE ENFORCEMENT and the TAX OFC to complain about her service and license/no license situation!

AND, I'll get flamed here......
I WOULD NEVER LET A FEMALE TOUCH MY CAR !!!!!
I completely agree the detailer is at fault. He if explained the problem and she said she would fix it and didn't, a refund was in order. Because the car was cleaned up and then shown to her, you gave her an out. Hard lesson learned.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by bfdtpkt
NO SHE DIDN'T !!!

Sorry guys, but the DETAILER is at fault here.....when she saw the mess she should have quoted him a price to correct the problem, NOT wax a filthy car!

As somebody previously said, I would speak to bldg administrators, post NOTICES in the elevator or hallways, ask to see her license, AND call CODE ENFORCEMENT and the TAX OFC to complain about her service and license/no license situation!

AND, I'll get flamed here......
I WOULD NEVER LET A FEMALE TOUCH MY CAR !!!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
As a detailer I would not be stupid as she was and give the money back, if she dont she will lose alot od business because of it, plus being a business owner that is how you make your money not screw people over.

Quick Reply: RANT: Another Professional Detailer- Takes the $ and Runs!