Recomended Detailers around N Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recomended Detailers around N Dallas?

Anybody have/know of any good car wash/detailing places around North Dallas they would recommend? Wanting to get my first detailing job done soon. Dont want to blow the bank, but I also dont have the time to do it on my own.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Anybody have/know of any good car wash/detailing places around North Dallas they would recommend? Wanting to get my first detailing job done soon. Dont want to blow the bank, but I also dont have the time to do it on my own.
http://www.nickscustomdetailing.com/

Tell him fatherford sent ya.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, seen that place posted here before. $240 for the full deal is too steep for me.

Why tell em you sent me? Get a discount?

Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM

What is your definition of detail?

Several members here that detail in the DFW area.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Basically a really good wax, wash, polish, remove "stuff", clay bar if needed, perhaps remove swirls, etc.. Dont really know alot about what all goes into it to be honest. I just want a really good deep cleaning. Other then a few trips through the car wash, truck has never been cleaned since leaving the lot.

Anybody ever heard of or had experience with Shine N' Show?

Last edited by LonestarROB; 08-04-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Basically a really good wax, wash, polish, remove "stuff", clay bar if needed, perhaps remove swirls, etc.. Dont really know alot about what all goes into it to be honest. I just want a really good deep cleaning. Other then a few trips through the car wash, truck has never been cleaned since leaving the lot.

For what you stated, Nick's prices are spot on and around average.

Correction work requires some know how and technique. If that price tag is too high, you should consider acquiring the products needed to do the job yourself.

I would charge the same if not more than Nick for what you looking for.

Nick does have some "show car" pricing and that is quoted based on seeing the condition of the car and results wanted.

Heavy restoration is expensive...its not hard work persay is time....time is money.

That all said, there are a few members here in the area that do quality work that are less expensive by not by much maybe they will post up

Good luck!

RR

Old 08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Shine N' Show just quoted me $175 for the following, and they'll do it in my driveway:

hand washing exterior, wheels cleaned, tires dressed, door jambs cleaned, all windows cleaned inside and out, vacuum carpets and seats, includes fragrance of your choice.

bug and tar removal, professional clear coat cleaner and hand waxing, reconditioning of undercarriage and moldings deodorize interior, spot treatment on carpets and seats.

clay bar application, machine polish (as needed) and paint sealing, light scratch and swirl removal, full engine detail, wheel polishing, carpet and upholstery shampooing, leather cleaning and conditioning.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Shine N' Show just quoted me $175 for the following, and they'll do it in my driveway:
There ya go...get r done.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 AM

Damn that's cheap. That SHOULD be a solid 4-6 hours at work at the very least. $30 or less an hour for labor, gas to drive to your place, + materials. I wonder how they stay in business.

I have just seen Nick's work and it's always top notch. Certain celebrity's have paid him to fly out to their "crib" and wash their personal car collection. Believe it was ford that flew him out to SEMA to detail all their display cars. I know he just did Jerry Jone's cars a few weeks ago.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I just dont know if they are a respectable place.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
The owner/president of Tropi-Care detailing products lives in the North Dallas / Plano area and will come to you as well. I stick strictly to his products and have used them for almost 5 years now. I would recommend at least giving him a call or email to compare pricing. He has 15+ years experience and designs all the products with a chemist himself.

Tell him Trent in Austin sent you to him to get the best available price and he'll get you set up.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
custom auto detailing, i met the owner last night, nice guy, great work, www.customcarrdetailing.com

Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by TJ05FX4
The owner/president of Tropi-Care detailing products lives in the North Dallas / Plano area and will come to you as well. I stick strictly to his products and have used them for almost 5 years now. I would recommend at least giving him a call or email to compare pricing. He has 15+ years experience and designs all the products with a chemist himself.

Tell him Trent in Austin sent you to him to get the best available price and he'll get you set up.
if your talkin about steve im going to meet him friday

Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
not to thread jack but ...

abervintageman4 -- noticed ur in the woods as well! havnt noticed your truck tho ill keep an eye out for you.

Driving black 07 w/ HIDs n LSU hitch cover
if ive cut you off im sorry

Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
not to thread jack but ...

abervintageman4 -- noticed ur in the woods as well! havnt noticed your truck tho ill keep an eye out for you.

Driving black 07 w/ HIDs n LSU hitch cover
if ive cut you off im sorry
oh crap i actually just moved to plano about 6 weeks ago but i sure do miss the woodlands, is yours a supercrew or what?

Quick Reply: Recomended Detailers around N Dallas?