Zaino Products

Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Zaino Products

So i am looking to try some new products out.
Ive gone the Meguiars route and I am pleased with the outcomes i received. But i have not waxed/polished/anything in .... well .... lets say i dont remember when. Probly around xmas time.

I was thinking of getting a round of Zaino products. I have seen them mentioned with extraordinary outcomes and remarkable shine so i figured a good investment/trial will only cure my curiosity.

So for the Zaino/detailer experts heres my question.
Ive looked at zaino's site and I think this is the route ill take. Correct/recomend other products should you see fit.
(FYI 07 Black and hopefully getting 09/10 royal red KR soon, want products to look great on both)

Wash with Z-7
Z-AIO
Z-5 enabled w/ ZFX 1-coat
Z-6?
Z-2 enabled w/ ZFX 2-coats (probably)
another round of Z-6?

Any follow-up products/changed in application process or watever you deem fit please advise!

Thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a big fan of Zaino products, but only on certain colors and only under certain conditions. For instance, I love the look of Zaino on my basically perfect Oxford White Ford truck, but I don't care for it on my less than perfect daily driver Scion which is Dark Cherry Metallic. I just think it works better on light to medium colors and maybe not so well on darker colors. Others should feel free to chime in.

The other important thing you need to understand about Zaino is that by and large, Sal's stuff doesn't offer much true "correction" ability. Said another way, if your finish is perfect, Zaino products will really make it pop. If you have lots of swirls and defects, not much from Sal is going to correct / remove the defects to make it look truly great. Even the new Zaino Fusion Polish is a little light on correction ability. (It's a great polish if you don't have much to correct though.) But, if you have a need to do lots of correction work, you might want to use something else to do the correction work, then use Zaino products to seal and protect.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 AM
You need a chemist degree to use that stuff :lol

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1badstx
You need a chemist degree to use that stuff :lol
Even being a chemist isn't enough; you need to be an alchemist!

Frankly, the best stuff out there for shadetree paint correction is Megs 105, 205 (or Ultimate Compound and Swirl X).

For finishing after correction I use Danase Wet Glaze and BlackFire Wet Diamond. Sometimes I top with Collinite 845 carnauba.

Jim

Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Is Zaino the stuff that people layer 234345354345 times so it'll look good?

EDIT: Never used it myself, but it seems like layer is the way to go with that stuff (well, at least the LSP.)

Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't expect miracles. I've used many of the Zaino products and the results were decent but as noted above the ability to do any correction work is very limited. I will be trying them again as my final steps on one side of my truck with Poorboys on the other (if the rain ever holds off long enough) to try to make some comparison.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by 2stroked
I'm a big fan of Zaino products, but only on certain colors and only under certain conditions. For instance, I love the look of Zaino on my basically perfect Oxford White Ford truck, but I don't care for it on my less than perfect daily driver Scion which is Dark Cherry Metallic. I just think it works better on light to medium colors and maybe not so well on darker colors. Others should feel free to chime in.

The other important thing you need to understand about Zaino is that by and large, Sal's stuff doesn't offer much true "correction" ability. Said another way, if your finish is perfect, Zaino products will really make it pop. If you have lots of swirls and defects, not much from Sal is going to correct / remove the defects to make it look truly great. Even the new Zaino Fusion Polish is a little light on correction ability. (It's a great polish if you don't have much to correct though.) But, if you have a need to do lots of correction work, you might want to use something else to do the correction work, then use Zaino products to seal and protect.

Just my 2 cents.

Pretty darn well said there.

Well, except the part about being a fan...I am not but that's just me. I have a neighbor that swears by it...he puts on layer after layer yet when I look at his paint, its pretty bad...glossy yes but wow, it sure does need some correction

Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I have an '04 and used nothing but ZAINO products on it......
but I don't use the whole system...I primarily use ZAINO AIO.. and then Z5 ......THAT'S ALL!

Sometimes I go 6 months, sometimes I go 9 or 10 months between waxing, but my paint surface still looks new.........my paint doesn't need any sort of "correction" because ZAINO is all I use.

Once in a while I'll put 2 coats on, but usually just one.....
it's very easy to work with, I LIKE IT!

Water BEADS for 6 months!

Last edited by bfdtpkt; 08-08-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:10 PM
ZAINO came out with a new POLYMER final finished coat that you just wipe on and let dry AFTER using their polish......
I just ordered some of it, if it's like their other products I'm sure I'll be very happy with it.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by bfdtpkt
ZAINO came out with a new POLYMER final finished coat that you just wipe on and let dry AFTER using their polish......
I just ordered some of it, if it's like their other products I'm sure I'll be very happy with it.
I hate to burst your bubble because I like Zaino products too, but that new product went on my truck once, then straight into the garbage can. Really disappointing.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I use Z2 and Z5 on my black truck and minivan. Best stuff I have tried so far and it lasts a long time.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I hate to burst your bubble because I like Zaino products too, but that new product went on my truck once, then straight into the garbage can. Really disappointing.
So what was the problem with it?

And this ZAINO stuff lasts LONGER than anything I've ever used......

Last edited by bfdtpkt; 08-09-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by bfdtpkt
So what was the problem with it?

And this ZAINO stuff lasts LONGER than anything I've ever used......
Like I said, I like Zaino products, but I'm also a realist. Up here in the great white north - even in the summer time - I get about 2 months out of a full Zaino (AIO, then Z-2 Pro with ZFX) treatment. As for the new wipe on and forget it stuff (I even forget the name) I saw absolutely no difference. In fact, the actual effect of the product was hard to even detect.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
id say check out tropi-care, poorboys world, and optimum, you wont be dissappointed, what do you apply the products with?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Like I said, I like Zaino products, but I'm also a realist. Up here in the great white north - even in the summer time - I get about 2 months out of a full Zaino (AIO, then Z-2 Pro with ZFX) treatment. As for the new wipe on and forget it stuff (I even forget the name) I saw absolutely no difference. In fact, the actual effect of the product was hard to even detect.
I find that pretty amazing...maybe it's something to do with ya'll's "SALT" diet..hehehehe

I just judge the length of effectiveness by how long my HOOD BEADS!
It will bead for 6 months or longer everytime I use any ZAINO product.....
and no, I'm not "layer" fanatic...I use AIO one layer and then another layer of another ZAINO product and that's about it.....

SLICK as a baby's A$$ for 6 or 7 months!
And My truck is sitting in the SOUTH FLORIDA HEAT, HUMIDITY and RAIN
without being driven OR washed for 2 or 3 months at a time while I'm in PANAMA.

You show me somebody that sez their product lasts LONGER than 6 months and I'll try it again, because I've used most of 'em........

Just a "personal" experience, of course.....

Last edited by bfdtpkt; 08-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino Products