F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   APC+ dilution? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing/340940-apc-dilution.html)

dkstone05 07-30-2008 08:46 AM

APC+ dilution?

Well I decided to take advantage of the ADS F150 only pricing. Order some HD and some APC+. I have never used either one before so I'm hoping that I like them. My question is I only ordered 1 spray bottle for the APC+ is there a good all around dilution for the APC+? I've searched and it seems that 10:1 for interior but will this be strong enough for engine, wheel wells, and undercarriage cleaning? Should I call ADS and see if they can add another bottle before it ships?

Also is the APC+ corrosive to aluminum like simple green? If I use it on an aluminum engine and don't get all of it rinsed off (I plan on using very little water) is there any harmful effects of the APC+?

Thanks

Btw I also placed an order with pakshack too.:)

pmason718 07-30-2008 10:00 AM

I would suggest that you purchase another bottle if you think that your going to be applying it to several different applications. This way you can set your dilution ratio in one bottle for your interior (if needed) and another ratio for whatever else. I make this mistake by ordering one bottle for HD. Once I received it and realized that I wanted to dial in a 4:1 for my exterior parts and my 1:1 for my tires I ended up calling Rick back for another bottle.

ThumperMX113 07-30-2008 11:24 AM

I agree, I'd get two bottles for each product.

f-150sport03 07-30-2008 04:47 PM

I wouldnt. I used to think so, but the different dilutions of HD are hard to tell apart-- hence I use 4:1 or so (plop and blob method of measuring usually...). As for APC+, use whatever medium dilution everywhere-- it is still STRONG stuff. I have one bottle for each, and it has offered NO problems to date. Only once did I straight up pour some APC+ onto a surface for no dilution, but those cases are so few and far between that its not worth the hassle... (That was for killing ants BTW... :banana: )

hwm3 07-30-2008 05:58 PM

If you need extra bottles just go to Lowes or HD and buy their spray bottles. Much cheaper and still have the dilution ratios on the bottle.

guitarman502 07-30-2008 06:22 PM

I use Dollar General bottles, $1 a bottle. They are cheaply made, but i've only had one or two break on me.

dkstone05 07-30-2008 08:25 PM

Thanks guys i went ahead and called Rick he was able to throw another bottle in with the rest of the order.

Now I just need resist the urge to buy a DA for a little while. I have some water etching on the hood that is killing me but I need get read to put my TA in a car show coming up.

pmason718 07-30-2008 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by guitarman502 (Post 3311426)
I use Dollar General bottles, $1 a bottle. They are cheaply made, but i've only had one or two break on me.

never seen those but you dont know what you are missing with the ratio lines and the name of the product on the bottle.

ThumperMX113 07-30-2008 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by pmason718 (Post 3311630)
never seen those but you dont know what you are missing with the ratio lines and the name of the product on the bottle.

I agree ... The bottles are fairly cheap as well so why not ..

guitarman502 07-31-2008 01:38 AM

I think I may end up ordering the Meg's bottles once my stock of el cheapos run out, Since I last posted that thread, I had two more bottles crap out on me. Ugh...

pmason718 08-06-2008 10:42 AM

This past week I tried the 4:1 ratio on my niece's explorer and it went well. I know you should use 10:1 but do you guys think that I hurt anything by going that strong. The carpet looked great after.

PS: I only used it on the floor