I went shopping . . picked up a couple new toys

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went shopping . . picked up a couple new toys

I went by Pep (everything but automotive) Boys because I knew they had just done a reset on their cleaning products. I figured I might be able to find some of the new Meguiars Gold Class products. I was in luck!

I figured that I would give the glass cleaner a shot, I have not heard any reviews yet but what can you lose? Other then your life when you go off a cliff because you can't see through the window, j/k

I've only purchased the Wal(China)-Mart Microfiber towels so I saw a Meguiars one and had to have it. I do not know how this compares to the others out there, if anyone (RP lol) has any information on that I'd appreciate it.

The Water Magnet seemed kinda cool, I usually just let my truck air dry but hey I'll give that a shot too.

I have a couple scratches on my truck that I am going to use the ScratchX on, I've never used it but have only heard good things about it.

I really like the Body Brush, it has a really nice handle. I'm going to test it out, let you guys know what I think.

It was a wonderful shopping experience

- Chris

Old 03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I read on DetailCity that there were some people who loves the new NXT glass cleaner, I myself haven't tried it, as I use Stoner's IG. I may have to try it next time I am in PepBoys.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Do you recall...

...if they had the Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner?

Old 03-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I think just about everyone from Wal Mart to Auto Zone & Pep Boys sells that. It's all I use when it comes to a shampoo for my truck, I have heard good things about the NXT Wash though and have given it a little bit of consideration.

I'm gonna clean up my garage and I'll take a picture of all my products, it's about 90% Meguiars, I'm pushing for a full 100%.

- Chris

Old 03-11-2005, 09:05 PM
After reading RP's high recommendation for the NXT Glass Cleaner, I also picked some up on sale. I agree with his recommendation............ very good stuff!

I think you'll be pleased with the other products too. However, "be careful" where you try the body brush.......... just in case!

Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Boss_429
After reading RP's high recommendation for the NXT Glass Cleaner, I also picked some up on sale. I agree with his recommendation............ very good stuff!

I think you'll be pleased with the other products too. However, "be careful" where you try the body brush.......... just in case!
Glad you liked the stuff BOSS... I sincerely think that it ousted my previous #1 (Stoners)... I like it that much.

I second Boss's recommendation on the body brush. While it is ultra soft, I've had hideious troubles with body brushes causing scratches and swirls. Just be careful...

RP

Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Do you recall...

Originally posted by Burt Gummer
...if they had the Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner?
They do. I was there yesterday. Target is the best place to buy it though (in my opinion). One gallon = $10. Pretty hard to beat.

RP

Old 03-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I just made out over at Super K-Mart. I actually am so addicted and was so bored this morning that I went shopping for Meguiars products around town, just to see who had the best prices and what not.

So I went over to Super K and I kind of had to search because they have a lot hidden on their top shelf. I got a bottle of ColorX for $5 and the Quick Clay Detailing System for $7. I figure I made out like a big dog, I was about to spend almost $17 for the Mothers Clay System over at Pep (Everything but Automotive) Boys yesterday. I used the Mothers Clay System before, it was pretty good but I can't wait to try the Meguiars Quick Clay.

I really don't need the bottle of ColorX but I could not beat the price. I figure I can test it on one of my friends cars or something, see how it comes out. I saw some really good results over at the Meguiars forums and I really want to test it out, the results seem to be amazing.

Yup, I admit it, I'm addicted it's a good thing that there is no cure.

To bad it's snowing right now

- Chris

Old 03-12-2005, 01:57 PM
FordTruckMan82,

If you are bored, you can come over and help me get the salt of my vehicles!

Serioulsy, you've got more good stuff there. While the Meguiar's consumer QD may not be the best QD, it is still a nice QD and a fine lubricant for the clay bar. (which is a pretty good bar) Let's not forget about the QD bottle........... NEVER throw them away. They are the BEST bottles for QD's. They throw a perfect mist of the product.

Now the ColorX.......... excellent product. It is a AIO product (all-in-one) that cleans/polishes/protects. Now, the "protection" isn't that great, but on a vehcile in fairly good shape, the one-two punch of ColorX followed by NXT is an excellent combination.

Have fun.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by FordTruckMan82

Yup, I admit it, I'm addicted it's a good thing that there is no cure.

To bad it's snowing right now

- Chris
Don't feel bad.......... it was 35 degrees and snowing lightly yesterday............... I was washing the vehicles!

Old 03-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Good news, it warmed up! Check this out guys, it started to snow around 8 - 9 in the morning, by 1 in the afternoon it was almost in the 60's! Around Norfolk, if you don't like the weather, wait a couple of hours it will change.

I loved every product I bought, I can't seem to by a Meguiars product that I do not like. My two favorites though are the Body Brush and the NXT Glass Cleaner.

The Body Brush was awesome, it really works nice and the brissles are extremely soft. My favorite part of this tool is how the head comes off and you can use it without the wond which gives you a lot more control with it for going over the verticle parts of the body. The wond is wonderful for doing the hood, windsheild and the top of the cab, all those hard to reach areas. This tool really helped leave me dry and I could not find a scratch left on the body by the Body Brush.

The NXT Glass Cleaner is just flat out amazing, best glass cleaner I have ever used. I might have to start using this stuff for the windows on my house, lol. It also has that wonderful smell...

I took off my wheels and gave them a good bath. I used the Westley's Bleach White on the tires, used the Gold Class Shampoo on the rims. My wheels are painted so I used some NXT wax and shined them up real nice. After drying I used Endurance for the first time and was really impressed. I have to go buy some new beauty rings for my wheels, found some cracks from the neighborhood kids (I'm gonna kill them). I'll have to take some pictures, everything worked out wonderfully.

- Chris

Old 03-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I second these products, however I still love my Poorboy's

Old 03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Showya
I second these products, however I still love my Poorboy's
I agree!

Quick Reply: I went shopping . . picked up a couple new toys