How to make my Black f-150 Shine!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to make my Black f-150 Shine!!!

RockPick ( The Ayatollah of Shinearollah ) and Gang:

Any special advice on how to keep my Black f-150 nice and shiny??

I have read your earlier advise, and have my NXT on route ( Getting that up here in Canada was real adventure ). I will be doing the NXT,#26 layering, and have gotten my hands on some great MicroFiber cloths.

Any special advise on keeping the black nice and shiny?

As I have said many times.. Nothing looks nicer then a shiny black truck, but nothing looks worse then a dirty black truck!

Thanks for any help!

Old 06-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How does your truck look from a 'swirl' perspective? To tell, find a nice sunny spot and look at the sun in the reflection off of your truck. See any tiny scratches or circles? If so, we might add one more product to your technique in order to deal with that imperfection.

RP

Old 06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
It looks great so far.. it's only 3 days old!..lol

I have not had any time to scratch it yet!..lol

No swirls yet to speak of... though i just got it back from the tint shop, and they thoguht they would be nice and washed it for me.. I almost had Kittins!..lol

Old 06-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Moderator &

Yeah, I know your feeling there. I'm suprised that your stealership didn't give it a complementary coat of swirls. Most do.

I think the NXT #26 combo will be a solid way to go with your black paint... maintaining it will, in my opinion, really depend on what products you use, techniques you utilize, and/or frequency in doing both of those items.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

RP

Old 06-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
How does your truck look from a 'swirl' perspective? To tell, find a nice sunny spot and look at the sun in the reflection off of your truck. See any tiny scratches or circles? If so, we might add one more product to your technique in order to deal with that imperfection.

RP
Whats the "one more product"????

Hak

Old 06-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Haku
Whats the "one more product"????

Hak
It could vary depending on the amount and type of scratches/swirls but, I have a hunch that it'd probably be something only lightly agressive like #9 or, at worst, #83.

RP

Old 06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Question for you RP. Do I have to do #9 everytime? That #9 bummed me out on my waxing mode but when I hit NXT really made up for it. As for the applicator pad that comes with the NXT do you just wash it out or leave as is for next wax? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Meyer
Question for you RP. Do I have to do #9 everytime? That #9 bummed me out on my waxing mode but when I hit NXT really made up for it. As for the applicator pad that comes with the NXT do you just wash it out or leave as is for next wax? Thanks in advance.
Absolutely not.

Keep in mind that you'll utilize a product to achieve a desired result. Further, remember that the reason that you utilized #9 is to remove the swirls and minor cob-webbing that was on your paint.

In short, only utilize a product when you need to use it.

For example, on average, I only polish 4 times per year (maybe 6 at the most). Also remember that NXT has a VERY VERY slight amount of cleaning power so, in short, if your swirls are ultra-light, NXT might take care of them all by itself.

If you take care of your truck and utilze good technique when washing and drying (and any other time that something is touching your paint that could cause scratching (which, btw, is just about anything under the sun)), you'll be much less likely to have to utilize it.

RP

Old 06-04-2004, 05:16 PM
RP i ahve a red f150 do you recommend the same items like nxt and #26...what is # 26 exactly? thanks

Old 06-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by LB51
RP i ahve a red f150 do you recommend the same items like nxt and #26...what is # 26 exactly? thanks
It's always a tough call to make considering that I haven't stood over your paint but, the combo that I've mentioned above is a hard one to beat in my opinion.

There are oodles and oodles of killer products out there on the market and you may try and like other products but, as most here know, I'm very much an avid Meguiar's user. Meguiar's products have, personally, rarely fallen short of my expectations and my end result seems to be as good, and, in my opinion, much better in some instances, than other products that I've tried.

So, in short, I don't want to mislead anyone here that might want to try something else. My personal thought is to try it. If you like it, use it.... and use it often (to steal a tag line from something that I've read in someone's signature over on autopia and MOL). Meguiar's just so happens to be what I utilize often.

RP

Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 PM
ok..me n my dad are going to detail my truck this summer real well...like with a buffer n polishing compund n do sum sealing and touch up painting on wear sum paint is mising and buffing it out n puting a new layer of clear coat on n then waxing any everyhting this summer... so i juss wanted to get sum ideas on products that people of used and liked! Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to make my Black f-150 Shine!!!