No diference between Before and after Wax.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No diference between Before and after Wax.

Hi! I need some advice. I have a New F150 Its metallic Grey. It has less tan 2 months old.

I wax it yesterday by hand using the NXT Meguiars Tech wax and I can't see any noticeable diference betwen before and after.

Ok I admit the paint is very smoot at the touch but I think any wax can do it.

I apply the nxt by hand using the provided aplicator and remove it using an Microfiber towel.

I don't know if I don't made the things properly or maybe I can appreciate any diference because the paint is new without scratches

I always clean since new my truck wit MF towels using Meguiars Deep Cristal car wash.

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:15 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wax generally doesn't change the look of a vehicle a lot, especially one that has been prepared well. Polish does. The whole point of wax is to protect the paint from nature, like acid rain, bird poop, etc.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll agree with APT (as I usually do), but add a few words. The finish on your new F-150 - right from the factory - is probably pretty darn good. Unless you polish it - assuming it needs it - you're not going to improve on the way it looks too much. What you are adding is protection, and that's big. I think you will notice more effect from NXT (or any other wax) as time goes on and your finish picks up minor defects such as fine scratches. Take care of it right from day one - like you are - and you'll have a fine looking ride for many years to come. Enjoy your new truck!

Old 05-10-2004, 01:21 PM
It's different now. It's waxed and protected.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:49 PM
This might have nothing to do ith it, but Ive always noticed that metallic paint will never give a shine as wet looking as a regular paint of the same color.

Quick Reply: No diference between Before and after Wax.