F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   no more water spots on windows (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing/150492-no-more-water-spots-windows.html)

garebel 03-18-2004 08:57 PM

no more water spots on windows

i ask the detail guy at the ford place what he used and he said windex and #0000 steel wool , i wasn't real sure about the steel wool part but it works really good. :rocker:

01 XLT Sport 03-19-2004 10:09 PM

Something else that works awesome on windows for taking off water spots and very minor scratches is ceramic glass polish. The very same stuff you use on glass top stoves. I used it on my prior truck and it made the windows look as if they were new from the day I bought it.

Goes on very easy and comes off just as easy… :thumbsup:

I used a brand called Cook Top that you can get at Sears

THall 03-21-2004 12:41 AM

Right on 01 XLT Sport

I have used that too with good results. I have also used Barkeepers Friend with great results also.

Tom

MaxTorque02 03-26-2004 11:38 PM

Re: no more water spots on windows

Originally posted by garebel
i ask the detail guy at the ford place what he used and he said windex and #0000 steel wool , i wasn't real sure about the steel wool part but it works really good. :rocker:
I've been using #0000 steel wool for some time now along with a mid level polish. It works fantastic and the window comes out looking smooth as a baby's butt.:beers:

Green_98 03-27-2004 04:07 AM

if you use Meguairs #26 yellow wax, wax over the outsides on the windows (except windshield) and use a good glass cleaner on hte inside (Eagle One). Best ive ever seen.

Boss_429 03-27-2004 09:21 AM

I use Poorboy's Pro Polish for the exterior windows. It works great, and I don't have to worry about it doing any damage. It also works great for many other detailing chores. I've used it on paint as a light polish/paint cleaner. I've also used it on windows, plastic lenses, chrome wheels, and bumpers. Great stuff!

It may be the first bottle of polish, that I actually use up before I throw it out because of it going bad for sitting to long on my shelves! :D

Bartak1 03-27-2004 07:03 PM

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Something else that works awesome on windows for taking off water spots and very minor scratches is ceramic glass polish. The very same stuff you use on glass top stoves. I used it on my prior truck and it made the windows look as if they were new from the day I bought it.

Goes on very easy and comes off just as easy… :thumbsup:

I used a brand called Cook Top that you can get at Sears

You da man:rocker: I asked my ma if she had any and sure enough she did(it was even the Cook Top brand) and that stuff rocks. I used is inside and outside and its awsome. I can still see some on the tinted windows, but at least I can see now.

04KevinJ 03-28-2004 01:27 PM

I just found some barkeepers friend @ Wal-Mart how do you use it on windows also where do u get your steel wool?

Bartak1 03-28-2004 06:25 PM

I just went over my window with a wet rag, then put the cleaner/polisher stuff on a rag and rubed it on the window real good, then wiped it off good with another dry rag.

Not sure about the steel wool, but I would think somewhere like Home Depot, Menards, Wally World maybe, would have it.

01 XLT Sport 03-28-2004 07:19 PM

Originally posted by 04KevinJ
I just found some barkeepers friend @ Wal-Mart how do you use it on windows also where do u get your steel wool?
If your going to use the Barkeepers friend you won't need any steel wool...

garebel 03-28-2004 07:41 PM

Originally posted by 04KevinJ
walmart, in the paint area . it was a couple of bucks i think:cool:

5.4MAN 04-03-2004 04:24 AM

I DRY MY WINDOWS AFTER A WAHSEN MU PICUP TRUK..

Boss_429 04-03-2004 11:04 AM

Originally posted by 5.4MAN
I DRY MY WINDOWS AFTER A WAHSEN MU PICUP TRUK..
Well said! :D

04KevinJ 04-03-2004 01:54 PM

Just because you dry your windows does not mean that you wont have water spots, enough said:bows:

01 XLT Sport 04-03-2004 02:35 PM

True, drying windows does not prevent water spots because usually you get water spots from the rain etc. when you not able to dry your windows.

My last truck got water spots real bad last summer. Never had them before because when I washed it I too dried my windows. Anyway had a nice little rain storm followed by a nice hot afternoon sun. Couldn’t do anything because I was at work.

Needless to say I had many water spots that “nothing” took off except the glass polish…