Canada All Provinces

Advance trac and Service Brake Warning

Old 02-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advance trac and Service Brake Warning

Hi
I have a 2012 SCREW 5.0 FX4
I have recently gotten a warning on dash Service Advance Trac and brake system
my truck has 53k kms on it and the bumper to bumper warranty has just expired in Aug
im told by my dealer that this could be a $1000 plus to fix
My truck has a full maintenance package on it and powertrain warranty but prob doesnt cover this repair
I am looking for assistance from a Ford Rep.
I messaged one over a week ago with no response
I feel that a $50k truck should not be causing me this problem with 50k kms on the clock!!
please help!!!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by dadunphy
Hi
I have a 2012 SCREW 5.0 FX4
I have recently gotten a warning on dash Service Advance Trac and brake system
my truck has 53k kms on it and the bumper to bumper warranty has just expired in Aug
im told by my dealer that this could be a $1000 plus to fix
My truck has a full maintenance package on it and powertrain warranty but prob doesnt cover this repair
I am looking for assistance from a Ford Rep.
I messaged one over a week ago with no response
I feel that a $50k truck should not be causing me this problem with 50k kms on the clock!!
please help!!!
Thanks for reaching out, dadunphy! I don't see any messages from you in our inbox. Please send it again, and we'll take a look.

Meagan

Old 02-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Hi Meagan

Im concerned about this Advance trac warning as this truck has very little use and this I'm told is potentially a costly repair!!
I also have had my truck in the shop for many other issues, the latest being a vibration that is very noticible when towing a trailer.
I have had it in the shop at least 5 times and the problem still exists,, I even had to bring my trailer in tow to get the mechanic to experience it himself.
They have put several shim kits in it to no avail
They did replace the drive shaft and carrier bearing this past spring and that seemed to be when the issue started>>>
My service Rep Kelly at Avalon Ford has been very helpful but I still have these issues

Last edited by dadunphy; 02-03-2016 at 07:01 AM. Reason: chge info
Old 02-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by dadunphy
Hi Meagan
My truck VIN # is
Im concerned about this Advance trac warning as this truck has very little use and this I'm told is potentially a costly repair!!
I also have had my truck in the shop for many other issues, the latest being a vibration that is very noticible when towing a trailer.
I have had it in the shop at least 5 times and the problem still exists,, I even had to bring my trailer in tow to get the mechanic to experience it himself.
They have put several shim kits in it to no avail
They did replace the drive shaft and carrier bearing this past spring and that seemed to be when the issue started>>>
My service Rep Kelly at Avalon Ford has been very helpful but I still have these issues
Understood, dadunphy. Please send over a private message with your name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll take a look to see how I can help. You can send a private message by clicking here, then clicking on 'Contact Info', and then on 'Send a private message to FordServiceCA'. Also, to maintain privacy, I recommend editing your post and removing your VIN. Talk to you soon!

Nick

Old 02-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Hey dadunphy,
I'm new on this site so bear with me.
I just went through the same thing on my 2011 FX4 SCrew 5.0.
I bought the truck used in 2013 with about 10K or so left on the warranty.
Unfortunately, I did not get an extended warranty (should have, in hind sight) and my problem didn't crop up until the warranty had expired. The problem started last summer on our annual road trip up to Ontario for our fishing trip (roughly a 1,000 miles up and 1,000 miles back...to the States). On our way up (around Minneapolis) the Brake light and AdvanceTrac lights came on. We made a quick pit stop at a Ford dealer that said, they'd need the truck for a day to do diagnostics, but that if we wanted to keep going, we'd be OK, just no ABS and/or AdvanceTrac. So we kept going. Funny thing, when we pulled out of the Ford dealer, the lights were gone, only to come back 20-30 miles down the road. I figured I had a loose connection (sensor) or something. Long story short, once the trip was almost over, I had a non-dealer in Iowa check it out and they found a loose plug that sits on top of the driver side frame by the axle. I wish I could tell you that was the end of the story; all was good for several months, then the intermittent warning lights started coming on and off again. Took it to my (Illinois) non-dealer and they found like 8 codes that were in play: C1165, C1298, U0452, U0131, U0151, U0100, U0140, C1175. Bottom line, I needed to go back to my local Ford dealer to get a full diagnosis. Yep, It was gonna be expensive...on the order of $1200. for a new ABS module (quoted $675 for the part). I asked about aftermarket parts...knowing that they wouldn't like that, yep..."didn't know of anything or anybody that supplied one". So now that I knew what the major part was, I said thanks, I need to think about it. Went on-line, found the part (BL3Z 2C219 J) for $450 (less shipping), yes it was Ford OEM. had my non-dealer install it for under $200 and was hoping that that was it. Turned out, I also needed a right-rear speed sensor too ($69 at local Ford dealer) and another $60 for my non-dealer to install. Now, no lights. So I'm hoping that this is it. Time will tell. BTW, my '11 only has 47K on the odometer, and I wholeheartedly agree with you, a $40K+ truck shouldn't be having these kinds of high $ repairs so soon out of warranty. Best of Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advance trac and Service Brake Warning