Dealer telling the truth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Now that is customer service Alex! It's a difficult thing when an option is offered but built in limited number. For example, I know that the Millenium Yellow and Magnesium Red are tough colors to get on the C5 Corvette. Even though both of these colors are extra cost options, Chevrolet only builds a small number of them despite the large number of sold orders they get from dealers. Sometimes certain options are on constraints, or restrictions if you will, which will hold an order up. Hang in there Alex, it's worth the wait to get exactly what you want.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday, my truck has been bucked for production on Tuesday, March 13th. This is the last step before it begins to roll down the assembly line, it simply means that all parts/options are in stock and the final clearance for production has been given. ETA in Dallas is 4-02.

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited 03-10-2001).]

Old 03-10-2001, 05:10 PM
Link,

I don't think I even looked at the temp gauge while towing my boat for thew first time. Too busy dodging maniacs to notice, I guess. To get to the Potomac river from my house, I have to drive through the heart of Washington D.C.
Sorry to hear about all the snow, we missed the snow here, as usual.
And yes, I did put my boat it the water as I have at least twice a week all winter!
( Except when the river is iced over )
We just bundle up!! The fishing is fantastic!!!
Gonna pull it down there again tomorrow and I'll be sure to check the temp this time. I'll let you know.

------------------
2001 F150 SC 4X4
Lariat in Black
Short Box
ORP
5.4L
3.55 LS
Power Moonroof
Heated Captain's Chairs
Tow Package
Cab Steps
Bed-X-Tender
K&N ( homemade kit! )
Superchip soon ( Waiting for new codes to come out to reprogram my old chip )
Ordered 1-12
Delivered 3-7
Towed Bass Boat 3-8!!

Old 03-11-2001, 06:06 AM
Clem,

Twice a week, all winter. I'm just letting that sink in. Anyhoo...I'll be interested in the temp guage report.

------------------
Ordered 1/19/01; TPW 3/12/01; ETA 3/26/01 (YES!)

2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Considering: ARE Z cap; Westin Platinum stainless nerf bars; Makik stainless brush guard; PIAA 80XT's and super white bulbs; Bedrug

Old 03-11-2001, 03:50 PM
Hey Clem,

Where do you put your boat in on the Potomac? Are you fishing for bass or whatever bites? I am currently in negotiations with the wife about buying a boat, just bought the F-150 SuperCrew so I could tow the boat. However, I've done quite a bit of drinking beer and catching a few fish on the Potomac down below Mt. Vernon on the Virginia side. Also, I've done some fishing on the bay quite a few times.

Bert

Old 03-12-2001, 09:42 AM
Bert

I would like to classify myself as a bass fisherman, as I'm actively fishing the local tournaments. We do manage, however, to hook ( and release, of course! ) fish of all species. I live in the College Park area and usually put in at National Airport, Belle Haven or Fort Washington. All are within 30 -40 minutes from my place. I've always enjoyed fishing, but since I bought a new Ranger Boat last year (actually, today is excactly one year), I'm absolutely hooked ( pun intended ). The Potomac is an unbelievable fishery and I'm proud to be an addict. Too bad it doesn't pay the bills and my girlfriend is less than thrilled.

I'd be happy to share info with you. There are plenty of fish for everyone. I have some good connections for boats also, If you're in the market. Drop me an e-mail if you're inerested. Adambaj@aol

Happy truckin'

Adam

------------------
2001 F150 SC 4X4
Lariat in Black
Short Box
ORP
5.4L
3.55 LS
Power Moonroof
Heated Captain's Chairs
Tow Package
Cab Steps
Bed-X-Tender
K&N ( homemade kit! )
Superchip soon ( Waiting for new codes to come out to reprogram my old chip )
Ordered 1-12
Delivered 3-7
The Wrong Radiator!

Old 03-17-2001, 09:24 PM
Talking

Zach,
I've been away for a week (North Carolina),Sales Manager left me a voice mail in the Hotel and stated that my SCrew is scheduled to be built week of 3/26th!!! Hooray! It shouldn't be long now...so excited.

------------------
Alex
2001 SCrew Lariat
4x4, Lmt.Slip
Capt'n Chs.
Br.Red 2-tone ABeige
6CD,Sldng RR wndw
5.4l

Old 03-18-2001, 12:36 AM
That's great news Alex, congratulations. You're in the home stretch now!

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited 03-18-2001).]

Old 03-19-2001, 07:47 AM
I just had to pipe in. I've been following you guys like a soap opera, and am truly hooked myself Me, I took the old fashioned route for my 00 HD F-150. Waited till the end of the year, and got it for a steal. Badass truck! Anyway, looking forward to Zack and Link taking delivery of their babies. BTW, as a native New Englander (New Haven) the only thing I miss about the snow, is the money I used to make shoveling it as a kid, and the fact my seven yeard old son hasn't seen it a day in his life. Cheers.

Old 03-19-2001, 05:31 PM
baddgene,

Welcome to the pool, er, drama, er, thread. This is the first vehicle that I've ever had 'built to spec'. All my previous purchases followed the route you described. I wanted to try this once, and now I know a bit about how it works. Would I do it again? Maybe, I guess it would depend on the situation. You do need a large supply of patience.

My ETA is next week, so I am hoping that it actually arrives and that it has the correct radiator. Too much to ask?

Too bad you're missing out on all this snow. This winter has been the most amazing in my memory. Your son could have financed his education with the shoveling.

------------------

2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Mods in my garage, waiting for the truck: Westin Platinum nerf bars; PIAA 80XT's and super white bulbs; Bedrug

Future mods: ARE Z cap; Makik stainless brush guard

Old 03-20-2001, 12:18 AM
baddgene...It's good to have you with us here and a belated WELCOME to Texas too. My truck is due tomorrow at the Ford Rail Depot here in Dallas. Congrats on the HD 150 purchase!

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited 03-20-2001).]

Old 03-20-2001, 04:49 PM
It's here!!

My dealer called this morning to say that they just unloaded it. About a week earlier than the ETA. I'm happy.

During the phone call with the salesman I told him about he radiator issue and he claimed to know nothing about it.

I will be picking up the truck on Thursday. We shall see about the radiator. I'll keep you posted about any developments.

Yahoo!!!

------------------

Mods in my garage, waiting for the truck: Westin Platinum nerf bars; PIAA 80XT's and super white bulbs; Bedrug

Old 03-20-2001, 11:56 PM
Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS LINK!!! Mine did arrive at the Dallas rail depot today and the they are backed up big time. I'm hoping they can get it to the dealership by the end of the week, DANG IT! You would probably have an easier time refusing the truck, over the radiator issue, if you don't see that red beauty.
Then again, maybe Ford has corrected the mistake and our trucks have the right radiator, only 11 units apart on the VIN numbers and built the same week.......NAH!!!

Old 03-21-2001, 12:45 AM
Hell, I'm just as giddy as you two are (Link/Zach). Can't wait myself. Congats and my fingers are crossed for you concerning the radiators.

Gene

------------------
US ARMY DRILL SERGEANT
HOOAH!!

HIS:
00 HD F-150
00 Triumph Daytona 955i

HERS:
01 Nissan Pathfinder
00 Buell Blast

Old 03-21-2001, 07:32 PM
I was doing fine until I went to the dealership today to have my 2000 Dodge appraised. (I strayed from the Blue Oval for 10 months, but that's about to change) My laid back, "it'll get here when it get's here" attitude has now turned to "I WANT MY TRUCK!" The rail depot is only 3 miles from here, I cruised by it today, hoping to catch a glimpse of my truck behind the chain link fence in a sea of vehicles. (public road runs down one side of depot) For those of you who have followed the soap opera that this thread became, you may recall that my salesman (and friend) is the sales manager of the dealership. He phoned the depot today to find out if the particular rail car had been off loaded (it hadn't), then faxed a letter over (protocol) so that the truck can be picked up by the fleet sales manager (another friend) to expedite the delivery process. The trip to the dealership really stoked the fires of desire. Maybe I should cruise back by there before night falls, although it might just make matters worse.
Link, tomorrow is your big day, where are you now?

------------------
Ordered 2-20-01 TPW of 3-12-01 assigned on 2-26-01 '01 F150 Supercab XLT 4x4 SWB
507A Pkg.
Oxford white
Dark Graphite Interior
Captains Chairs
5.4 Triton
Auto Tranny
Off Road Package
Towing Package
Power Moonroof
3.55 Limited Slip
Heated Seats
AM-FM Cassette/6 disc CD
Power Drivers Seat
Sliding Rear Window
Adjustable Pedals
Electronic 4x4 Shift

Immediate Mods - Rhino Liner, 285's on Weld Wheels, K & N FIPK, Catback Exhaust

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited 03-21-2001).]

Old 03-21-2001, 08:15 PM
Hi Zach, I completely understand the increasing volume of the "I want it now" voice. When I placed my order, I knew that I didn't really NEED the truk until mid-April, but the waiting has morphed the need into a WANT.

This afternoon after work, I decided to cruise by the dealer, just to take a look. They had it inside, cleaning it up and getting it ready. Oh my...it is sooo red! I just love it. I didn't even sit in it, just made a slow circle around it, savoring the view. Tomorrow...

Once again, I talked to the salesman about the radiatior problem, but I didn't have the dodumentation with me. He said again that he had not heard about the problem, but promised to talk to the service manager. I assume that I have the thin radiator and I will confirm that tomorrow when I pick up the truck. I have decided not to refuse the vehicle. I will document the problem and put the dealer on notice that I want it corrected, but I can't stand the thought of leaving the truck there while they sort things out. I know that I am probably giving up important leverage, but I WANT the truck for this weekend!

If the weather report is accurate, I'll be driving that beauty home in 6-10 inches of new snow tomorrow. Nice test.

------------------

Quick Reply: Dealer telling the truth?