Over invoice pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-1999, 09:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Over invoice pricing

A post in truck costs got me thinking. I bought a 97 GMC Safari van from a dealer which I really like. We negotiated a price $100 over invoice. What bothers me is they put the dollar amout on the bill of sale with no mention of $100 over invoice. I'm sure I was at least close to that amount, but in the future I will have them also write $### over invoice on the bill of sale. I feel doing this will give me legal recourse if they fraud me on what the invoice is. Have any of you had a dealer who wrote "$### over invoice" on the bill of sale?

Old 09-18-1999, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Do what I did and ask to see the invoice.
Make sure it is on Ford stationary as many dealers will pirnt an "invoice" on a piece of computer paper.
Remember that invoice and cost are 2 different things though.
So many kickbacks and factory to dealer incentives we will never know what the dealer truly paid.
All we can do is comparision shop from dealer to dealer for the best price just like the good old days before the put "invoice" pricing online.
Or better yet go back to a dealer that you have been happy with.
They may even charge you a few $ more but a least you know that you will get good service from them and thats worth something.
Just ask anyone who has had problems with service how valueble good service is.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?
Columbia SC

Old 09-21-1999, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also visit the following sites: www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com. These sites show the msrp price and the current dealer cost (invoice cost). My F150 was ordered from the dealer at cost plus $100.
I used a car buying service on the internet not free $165 with a guarantee to beat any price I could get, site is www.carbargains.org. (I can check the actual web address from my paper work since my memory may be faulty, let me know). The pricing ranged from cost plus 100 to cost plus $1100. Every exception was spelled out in the paperwork and their were no suprises, dealer took $200 and ordered the truck.

------------------
1999 XLT F150 SC 4 X4 4.6 V8 Automatic, Electronic 4wheel drive 3.55 LS Tow pack
Style-side, Amazon Green, Skid plates, Engine heater, Westin nerff bars, ARE lid.
Prime Design Bugshield, K&N filter. Tufoil user
Pending: Super Chip, Air Raid

Quick Reply: Over invoice pricing