F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids-32/)
-   -   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get (https://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/472741-linex-best-spray-bed-liner-get.html)

Dog Lady 06-12-2012 12:44 PM

Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get

I have priced spray in bed liners from Topper King which is lifetime against separation and Linex which is lifetime as well.

Does anyone have an opinion on which bedliner is the best to purchase?

I don't want to have to be redoing it sometime down the road.

Thanks
Dog Lady

TruckGasm 06-12-2012 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm biased, but....

I bet Topper King's bedliner is not a nationwide warranty, meaning if they close or change ownership, you will no longer have a warranty. The LINE-X warranty is a nationwide warranty.

As far as the product itself, I think it's great, but I suppose others should voice their opinion.

Get LINE-X Premium! (Holds its color and gloss.)
Attachment 25028

Bluejay 06-12-2012 05:56 PM

I've never heard of Topper King, but I would never buy anything but a Line-X, and even then, I would try to find out info about the dealer. How they do the installation is important.

AirsoftF150 06-12-2012 06:04 PM

I'm thinking of doing a line-x down the road myself.

TruckGasm: what is the difference between line-x premium and other products that they offer? is the composition different?

TruckGasm 06-12-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by AirsoftF150 (Post 4851919)
I'm thinking of doing a line-x down the road myself.

TruckGasm: what is the difference between line-x premium and other products that they offer? is the composition different?

Standard black LINE-X is aromatic, meaning it's sensitive to UV light from the sun and thus will lose its gloss and some color over time. Most bedliner companies offer an aromatic product as their base product. LINE-X Premium is aliphatic, meaning its not sensitive to UV light and is much color stable. LINE-X Xtra is an older product but is also aliphatic. Most truck color matched bedliners must utilize Xtra because Xtra can accept automotive pigments. Xtra is owned by LINE-X and DuPont.

So, if you want a black bedliner, choose either standard black, black LINE-X Premium, or black Xtra. If you want a color other than black, chances are you will need LINE-X Xtra.

AirsoftF150 06-12-2012 06:13 PM

Ok makes sense. I see the trucks that have the black liners that look faded and it bugs me. I keep my bed covered so thats not a huge concern but I'll look into the premium. Do it once do it right.

Dog Lady 06-12-2012 06:54 PM

You all convinced me to go Line-X

I thought my husband had a dealer lined up until I found out today it was the Topper King dealer so I found the Line-X dealer and will deal with him.

Thanks

TruckGasm 06-12-2012 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dog Lady (Post 4851939)
I thought my husband had a dealer lined up until I found out today it was the Topper King dealer so I found the Line-X dealer and will deal with him.

Thanks

I hope you are pleased with LINE-X. If you plan on getting a tonneau cover for the bed, standard black is fine. If you don't plan on getting a cover for the bed, I highly recommend black Premium or Xtra.

Rockpick 06-18-2012 09:13 AM

Thanks for this explanation, TG... clarified a few things for me too.

AK-Bandit 06-18-2012 01:29 PM

I have been planning on getting a Line-X bedliner as soon as my truck comes in. But I just found out that there are no Line-X dealers/sprayers in Alaska. It looks like my only other options are Rhino Liner, Speed Liners, or Polar Guard Liner. Is Rhino Liner the next best option?
:help:

TruckGasm 06-18-2012 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by AK-Bandit (Post 4854828)
I have been planning on getting a Line-X bedliner as soon as my truck comes in. But I just found out that there are no Line-X dealers/sprayers in Alaska. It looks like my only other options are Rhino Liner, Speed Liners, or Polar Guard Liner. Is Rhino Liner the next best option?
:help:

I think there are...Anchorage, Ketchikan, not sure what others. What major city are you in or near?

AK-Bandit 06-18-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGasm (Post 4854920)
I think there are...Anchorage, Ketchikan, not sure what others. What major city are you in or near?

I'm in Anchorage. I called Line-X direct and they stated there were no current dealers anywhere in the state. If you search "Line-X Anchorage Alaska" in google, it will pull up Line-X Bedliners of Alaska. But the number is disconnected.
:(

//V 08-11-2012 11:35 PM

I'm very happy I went with Line-X. Dropped the truck off, picked it up the next day and the installation looks perfect. Our dealer here is a small shop and the owner told me to bring it back if it ever chipped in any way and he'd take care of it. That kind of peace of mind is worth the expense in my opinion.

tko_818 08-12-2012 02:56 PM

Rhino liner isnt bad. The texture of it its different than Line X, but it is very durable and wont come off. It will however lose its color in a few years.

I paid 375 for my Line X Premium and i am now a lifetime customer!

dsmith873 08-13-2012 09:35 PM

I just got a LineX installed on my truck. Time will tell how good it is.. but it sure looks nice! I have a hard tonneau cover... so I went with the standard black.