Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercover Swingcase Reviewed

Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Undercover Swingcase Reviewed

I'm bummed because the Swingcase I bought doesn't fit my '01 Flareside. I bought it off Amazon.com. There wasn't enough info on the site. I learned after I test fitted the swing case today that Undercover states it will not work in the Flareside. Too bad! This thing is really nice. A great idea if you need storage like I do. I have an Aere fiberglass top that is painted to match. The bed has a duraliner w/ Ford logo. I moved the bed liner to test fit before cutting the bed liner to install. Good thing I did or I would really be bummed! I recommend the swing case to anyone that needs storage. Mine is going back to Amazon.com. I could use some advice on other types of storage. I want to store a jack, recovery strap, winch accessories and misc. stuff without it all sliding around the bed. No room in my Supercab. I do not want to let stuff roll around in the bed or take up too much space. The swing case would have been perfect if it fit. I was going to buy one for each side. Now I am back to square one.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Do you have a sub taking up room under the rear seat? I do believe there are storage options that fit under there.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I have been thinking about purchasing one of these for some time now. I finally pulled the trigger and got it from Amazon for $184, plus free shipping. It seems very well constructed. The mechanism that locks it into place is heavy duty and it makes the same sound you hear when opening and closing a car truck. The waterproof seal on the cover is thick, and you have to push down on the cover to lock it. I had to remove a tie-down to install it. Now I can keep all my emergency stuff out of the cab! Here are some pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I sure wish the swing case had fit in my flare side! I really liked it. As you can see from the previous post it is easy to install and well constructed. It also tucks out of the way and latches securely in place. I would recommend it for sure. Now I need the company to make one for the flare sides! Thanks for the post and photos. SMM

Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
PirateSignal,
You should be able to still use the rear tie down. Just flip it over so it sticks out under the bar. Works fine for the '09+ at least, and the loop looks the same as yours. You'll have to swing out the box to access the loop, but its no big deal. I use it for tieing down light stuff all the time.

If you need to tie down something that's tall or heavy, the box will be in the way of your strap and might get damaged from being pulled on. In that case, remove the box and put inside the truck or leave it home for that trip.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mike FX4
PirateSignal,
You should be able to still use the rear tie down. Just flip it over so it sticks out under the bar. Works fine for the '09+ at least, and the loop looks the same as yours. You'll have to swing out the box to access the loop, but its no big deal. I use it for tieing down light stuff all the time.

If you need to tie down something that's tall or heavy, the box will be in the way of your strap and might get damaged from being pulled on. In that case, remove the box and put inside the truck or leave it home for that trip.
Good suggession. Thx!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Update:

I just went through a new very high-tech touchless carwash, and the swingcase didn't leak at all. If it didn't leak in this 5-minute carwash, I don't think you'll find any condition where it would leak.

So far, so good.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
PirateSignal,

How are you liking the swing case so far? I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. In picture #3 where the plate mounts by the tailgate, what is the depth of the bracket to where it turns forward at the bedside? Hopefully my diagram helps explain better what I am looking for...

Thanks,

John

Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Curious if anyone has this on a shortbed supercrew? I'm considering buying two off amazon.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I never got an answer from anyone here for my question...

Frome the company I got:

We have never made a Swingcase bracket for that truck. We have a semi universal kit that some customers have made work for that truck. We don’t have any measurements or what they did to customize the bracket but they did get them to install in that super crew bed.

Model # SC900D & SC900P

I have attached to this email the installation guide for that model Swingcase. It shows the brackets that come with that model.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Lundberg

Customer Service Manager

866-900-8800 Ext 406

I had found a pair on CL that was cheapenough that I was going to take the risk but never got answer from the poster...so I still don't know if they wii work

Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Mad Texan
I never got an answer from anyone here for my question...

Frome the company I got:

We have never made a Swingcase bracket for that truck. We have a semi universal kit that some customers have made work for that truck. We don’t have any measurements or what they did to customize the bracket but they did get them to install in that super crew bed.

Model # SC900D & SC900P

I have attached to this email the installation guide for that model Swingcase. It shows the brackets that come with that model.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Lundberg

Customer Service Manager

866-900-8800 Ext 406

I had found a pair on CL that was cheapenough that I was going to take the risk but never got answer from the poster...so I still don't know if they wii work
I see you have a Screw too. So the manufacturer told you the bracket isn't made for our beds?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Correct...they never made a application for the SuperCrew

Old 06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Sponsor
Thank you for the pics PirateSignal. I refer customers to this item often. This thread will be very helpful.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I had one of these in my Tacoma, thinking about one for this truck as well... How far past the wheel well does it stick out? Basically, do I still have the full 48" to haul sheet materials?

Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Sponsor
They are closed now, but you can try calling tomorrow. Their number is 866-900-8800.

Maybe someone else here knows.

Originally Posted by el_chupo_
I had one of these in my Tacoma, thinking about one for this truck as well... How far past the wheel well does it stick out? Basically, do I still have the full 48" to haul sheet materials?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Undercover Swingcase Reviewed