Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best DIY Roll on Bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Durabak and Herculiner are not related.

One gallon of Durabak will get you a slip resistant surface, but it won't get you a "bedliner". In addition, about 25% (actually, it's 24.27%) of that gallon can is xylene which is a solvent that evaporates away. So, for every gallon you buy, you're getting 3/4 of a gallon of actual bedliner material.

Just to compare (yes, I realize the thread is about DIY bedliners!), LINE-X installs about 8 gallons, solvent free.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had good luck with Grizzly Grip (www.grizzlygrip.com). As others have stated prep is important. I ordred the 8' bed kit for my 6.5' box and put it on thick. The directins mention that thickness = durability. I abused it pretty hard over the summer hauling away some busted up cement and bricks. There were a few small nicks where the corner of a large piece of concrete landed. I'll probably get another quart of material eventually and touch it up, but it's hardly enough to worry about.

I also couldn't justify spending $600-$700 for a spray on liner for a 5 year old truck. If I can do the job for ~$125 and get the protection I need I think it's a good deal.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05SilvrFX4
I'd like to remove my stock plastic bedliner and do a roll on liner.

Does anyone know of the best DIY bedliner kit?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
I have used Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit for my truck. It offers impact resistance, flexibility, and superior adhesion. It is also contains dupont kevlar. You can easily clean-up and re-used this bed liner kit.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ericalar001
I have used Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit for my truck. It offers impact resistance, flexibility, and superior adhesion. It is also contains dupont kevlar. You can easily clean-up and re-used this bed liner kit.
Here's a screenshot from Bed Armor's video. Those are clumps of Kevlar that probably do NOTHING for the bedliner. It's just marketing...

Name:  BedArmor1.jpg
Views: 4420
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 07-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
I agree.

I dumped my bed mat a while back for a bedrug. I would never even consider any type of liner, but the bedrug is perfect.
My '77 has had a "under lip" drop in for 30 plus years, I've only replated the floor with 11 gage steel one time in early 1990s as I recall.

I do have a fiberglass bodied 3x5 cargo trailer that tows behind a MC or our Trike that the top side flaked paint off of and I am going to scuff all remains off & do with Herculiner I think (used "bed armour" in my '77s floor .... came out spotty like in consistency of granules?) ...... as the heaviest use will be laying a jackets or helmets on it at rest stops likely.

Last edited by tbear853; 07-31-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:42 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Gonna buy a gallon of the Harbor Freight stuff tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Best DIY Roll on Bedliner?