Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much $ to paint Leer cap, and would you?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so My hypothesis was right. So their technically isn't a need to take out the windows they would just like to make sure they do a good job. Seems very noble of them.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I was told the paint could start chipping from the edges of the window if they weren't removed. By removing the windows, the paint is a continuous film with less tendency to start chipping at the window frame. Whether this is true or he just wanted more money from me ... you be the judge.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all!

Well the saga continues lol... Turns out I am not going to paint my cap after all!

In a stroke of luck, I found a cap dealer about 3 hours away that had a new "factory second" Raider Vagabond in my G2 Redfire paint color. The Raider brand to be honest I had never heard of, but after I googled for 5 minutes turns out it's made by the same company as Leer and Century. It is the same model cap that I had - looks identical (except it's red metallic and not beige metallic lol). SOooo long story short, they took my used Arizona Beige Leer 100R as a trade-in, and I got the Raider cap for just $200 installed! Being a "factory second" there were a few paint chips and light scratches in the roof. I had my little bottle of touch-up paint with me and fixed it up good as new before they put it on the truck.

So for $200 I got a correct color cap and went from a used one to a new one. I still can't believe it!

Last edited by copcarguy; 05-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much $ to paint Leer cap, and would you?